Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, Tratt and Longhurst will join Dumbrell and Richards in a 4 car Perkins team this season.

3 x Castrol Commodores
1 x Toll Commodore

2 x New VY's for Tratt and Longhurst
1 x VX for Dumbrell
1 x 2003 VY for Richards.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
didn't tratt test with FPR last year? wrote off lowndesys car...eh well

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes but remember the trouble they had with the new VY...they started to get a handle on it later in the year so i would think it makes sense to put richo in the already half sorted VY then a brand newy and go through all the trouble they went through mid season last season.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
That explain's why they have been advertising like mad for extra staff, there has been a few posistion's available at Perkin's motorsport,and the only driver I hope to see do well in that group is S, Richard's.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hope their year is a major failure.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Didn't longhurst retire?

·
Registered
118 Posts
WHy does Dumbrell get the old VX with THE worst paint Job for a level 1 team. Cant they up grade him to a VY as well. What is Toll-ipeck going to do with their spare BA V8 supercar.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
ELLIOT said:
WHy does Dumbrell get the old VX with THE worst paint Job for a level 1 team. Cant they up grade him to a VY as well. What is Toll-ipeck going to do with their spare BA V8 supercar.
He spent so much time in the fence in 03 it hardly would be worth the ffort to keep painting it.

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
To be blunt, It's nothing to worry about as Ford fans. 2 more cars to fill the back of the grid along side Dumbrell.

Steven Richards has flashes of success and that's about it.

Ingall really carried CPR. Atleast He could get with in a wiff of winning the title. Something their current drivers haven't come close too.

·
Crikey
2,014 Posts
Good luck to a couple of old stagers. Maybe a change of brand will give them a change of luck.

Certainly going to be a distracting year for CPR fettling (and repairing :razz: ) so many cars.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Hope they crash and burn.

just wait till the holden fans come on this thread and complain about this
Or maybe they are above all this childish CRAP and won't bother fuelling the fire....

absolutely ridiculous

·
2,922 Posts
I agree with Donut King on this one... I wouldn't expect this sort of rubbish talk from even Holden fans. Unbelievable.

Larry and his team have a vast range of experience in setting up their V8 Supercar team, and won many Bathursts in the 90's. Steven Richards is a fast driver, and I hope they put in a good showing. Good luck to him with his new venture.

Tim

·
Registered
161 Posts
A 4 car team . What will happen about the amount of testing days and how many pit booms do they get and what extra fanchise(s) did Larry buy/lease and ........................ . Here we go again. HRO all over again.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
AU II SR said:
A 4 car team . What will happen about the amount of testing days and how many pit booms do they get and what extra fanchise(s) did Larry buy/lease and ........................ . Here we go again. HRO all over again.
Larry has 2 extra franchises, one L2 franchise from Nash and one from Toll racing (obviously brought along by tratt)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts