Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 tempo with black trim with a red stripe down it. I was recently in an accident and cannot find that trim anywhere. ford no longer makes it. does anyone know where I could find it?

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
good luck

If you would have asked about a month ago, there was some up for bid on e-bay, enough for one complete car. Your best bet is to find some in a boneyard in good condition.

·
Topaz XR5 Member
9 Posts
trim

hey man. I have the red trim also on my car....it is an 86....mine was starting peel and look worn so I decided to take it off the car and I started scuffing it up and pulled the first layer of plastic off...then I scuffed it up enough that i waas not shiny chrome anymore and got some close(very close) red paint and repainted them...took alot of paint to cover them properly and make them look good but wow they came out just like new.....I had the same problem with not finding the trim..I was missing a piece...so I used the chrome stripe one and painted it all around....when i can I will send in some pics of it.....but painting is just as good as factory...even looks newer...good luck man...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts