Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Zupps Holden today just for a looksie at what the Series II VY was like. The guy came running over to me as soon as i walked into the showroom. I forgot that i was wearing an FPV shirt, and I think I started off on the wrong foot with him. Firstly I asked him if they had fixed the GEN III problems with regards to oil usage and piston problems. He replied with Yes sir, all VY Commodore V8's have an update and are having no issues. I then replied why do I have mates with problems and there cars are 2003 builds? He then said well they must be driving them too hard, when i replied with well dont you advertise them to be driven hard? Neways he kinda got the shits big time and just said well NO, there are ways in which the car can be driven hard, and there are ways not to drive the car hard. I then gave up and started to talk about the new V6. He says it wont be due for another 2 and half years, and will come out in the VE. The next Holden that is due out in September (VZ) will only have small changes just like the VY Series II, which will probarly see another 10 kw in the V8 range!

Overall the VY II is a very bland looking car, especially the Executive, Acclaim and Berlina.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
XTS what is your point? It seems that that last statement in particular is blatant Holden bashing, and doesn't fit in any way into what you are saying about going into the dealer.

I for one wouldn't believe what the guy is saying....the V6 will be out this year, and it will be a very advanced engine. I haven't heard of any kind of issues with its production at all and haven't seen any signs to indicate that Holden won't be putting it in in September. It would blow up in their face big time if it didn't go in.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does refer to why i visited the dealership - to have a look at the VY series II as i hadnt really seen any yet. I thought the Series II would have been hyped a bit more, but its hardly changed, the most notible change being the Calais. Not exactly like fords change from AU series I to series II. I dont see how that can be classed as Holden bashing, but neways.

As for his claims about the new V6 not coming until VE, it wouldnt surprise me the slightest. Why would they put the new motor in the old shape? That just doesnt really make sense considering sales are still powering on with the old V6. But then again it was probarly a tatic just to sell me a car. Unless the VZ is a whole new shape and we have all been fed bullshit!!!

Maybe they have more suprises then we know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Take it as gospel that the new V6 will be out with the new VZ in the 3rd quarter of this year. 190kW in standard trim and there is a turbo variant, but they are bloody well secretive about the power figures for it! I am diggin so if I find out I can let anyone who is interested know..

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
I went to Zupps once about 3 or 4 years ago to look at a new berlina.
The sales guys used the PRESSURE sales technique.
I worked so well that I bought a Fairmont Ghia instead the next day.

Never going back.

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
XTS220 said:
I then replied why do I have mates with problems and there cars are 2003 builds?
Is that true or were you just looking for a bite from the dealer?I havnt heard of any VY's with that oil problum.

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
Chris5ltr said:
Is that true or were you just looking for a bite from the dealer?I havnt heard of any VY's with that oil problum.
Yeah XTS220 was just baiting the dealer, 1200 current claims but no he was baiting the dealer, somehow i dont think so.

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
1200 claims of oil problums?where did you get that number from???

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i dunno about bland,but i think the dealer you spoke to dont know enough about his brand..

enuff said..

cheers.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasnt baiting him at all, one of my mates does have a VY SS ute with serious problems.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Rodderz said:
The new V6 due later this year will be a ripper of an engine, everything you could want in one. Will be interesting to see how it goes against the BA
Unless Holden put it in an elephant, the fuel consumptions figures in testing are significantly better than the current V6, so all things being equal, it will be better in speed and fuel than the BA. That might eat back into fleet sales that the BA has picked up....the ride and handling look to be where the BA will hold its own against the ancient Holden platform, although the significantly lighter alloy blcok may help this a bit. Styling is a pretty closely guarded secret at this stage so I am not sure how radical or conservative they ahve gone....

the new V6 looks very good. Looks like we wont see it in 04, will be interesting.
read my post above....look for it around Aug/Sept/Oct this year.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bystander said:
Uhmm..1 does not equal 1200 unless i failed school - where did this figure come from?
Read my post, i was only talking about 1,

Someone else brought up the 1200!

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
One Holden dealer here in SA has 85 gen 3's on oil tests!!
Thats not sayin all of them have oil usage problems.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I believe (but i'm not 100%) that in March 2003 all LS1 engines were suppost to have the final solution to the oil problems in place. that was posted on ls1.com.au. So it would be possible to get a bad VY, but new ones should be solid.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
this better not turn into yet another gen3 bashing thread...

*sigh....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts