Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News........

On trip;

The following program has been organised by the good people at the Discovery centre over the Bathurst race week and our club has been issued an invitation. This is for all to have a look at the programe and comment back to me to indicate your feelings

Stuart

Hi again Stuart,

The dates have now been set in concrete. Here is what we have so far:

Tuesday 2nd October

Travel day

Wednesday 3rd October

Geelong Plant am. Lunch with a few interesting people. Tour of Discovery Centre including a look at the Ford Australia archives in the afternoon. Something (?? at this stage) at night

Thursday 4th October

Morning at Broadmeadows Plant. Morning tea or lunch with Geoff Polites. Some other activity at the plant which will be decided closer to the day (Barra build is making this difficult but something will be going on) Afternoon at Tickford where I am trying to get an audience with Managing Director David Flint. Something (?? at this stage) at night.

Friday 5th October

Visit to Fox Car Collection. BBQ lunch aftre tour of facility.

Weekend

Bathurst Party at a pub to be decided.

All of these activities are optional. Come to one, or come to them all... Would you be able to supply me with approximate numbers of interested people so I can make arrangements? This might be an activity your memebers who are unable to get to Bathurst would like to attend.

I'll keep you updated on progress of plans.

Felicity Kranjc
Ford Discovery Centre
Education & Public Programs Manager

Jas

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
All looks familiar - about what we were planning. I think the night entertainment had been determined - namely quality control work as follows:

DOC- Jack Daniels auditor extraordinaire
Aussie Pete - Crown Lager internal bottom of bottle inspector

There is more planning going on but I thought we were going to refrain from publishing the exact itinerary until we knew exactly and we were a bit closer to the date.

Vilkas: talk to Discovery about that one.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
How about getting some shirts printed...

FordForums raid on Ford Australia October 2001

Alcohol
Testing
And
Music
Quality
Control
Unit

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I'd have some shirts made, like what we do for our pub run....
"Fordforums Bathurst meet #1 2001"

And a slogan.... "Intoxication is our motivation"

:D

·
7,777 Posts
DONUT KING said:
I'd have some shirts made, like what we do for our pub run....
"Fordforums Bathurst meet #1 2001"
:D
Donut King you are a genius!
Felicity - are you going to organise souvenir shirts (to go in the goodies bags). A nice polo (Aussie made quality please) with all the embroidery of Ford etc. Put me down for a couple now!
Or maybe nice jackets - now we're talking :CraZ:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Felicity - are you going to organise souvenir shirts (to go in the goodies bags). A nice polo (Aussie made quality please) with all the embroidery of Ford etc. Put me down for a couple now!
Thankyee,
I think felicity has enough on her plate, this should probably be organised by someone else if it was to go ahead......

·
7,777 Posts
Nah, we gotta keep Felicity busy. besides, she's such a resourceful soul she could probably find some shirts in a dusty box somewhere. All that's needed is a visit to the embroiders!

Otherwise, I could see the guy that used to do the HSV gear when it was Aussie made. Mr. Jackets.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
"Part of the never ending search for the perfect brew"

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Laminge,

Why are you confused? I do not know you. We may have met. Perhaps at the All Ford Day in Geelong...............

Jason

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Aaaggghhh. Give me a break!! ;) ;)

I have been so busy lately I haven't had much time to do anything. We have some ideas in mind for the night time activities but I won't publish them yet until they are confirmed. The letter above was an email I sent to Stuart at the XR club at his request. Apparently he has sent it on to a bunch of other people which is ok as it is incomplete. Like Pete said, I am not going to give out too many details so we encourage only true fanatics.

Planning is going well.... very well....

:cool:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
VilkasMaximus

Mate, your on my email list for the XR club of which I do the newsletter, are you a member of the club and if you are will we see ya up at DECA?

Laminge
Gary Miotello

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary

I am/was a member. I notified our Pres the other day. I no longer own an XR. So obviously I cannot be a member..............I own and drive a EL Fairmont Ghia at the moment. I am waiting till the Barra comes out before I buy another XR.(still can get ford discount)

My AU2 XR8 Pursuit had too many niggling probs, and loan payments were a little high for my crappy wage at the moment............still miss it though. I had ripped the exhaust off from the just after muffler. Sounded beaut, and she went hard. Those 200kw V8's rev out better tan the 185kw's. I only did 4500kms in it :-(

I may or may not see you.........

Jas

p.s was going to turn up to the meeting next week...............

T

·
0 Posts
I can relate to that noise....oohh yeaah, when you take of and rev it it vibrates in the cabin like a 351. sounds awesome.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
Gary

I am/was a member. I notified our Pres the other day. I no longer own an XR. So obviously I cannot be a member..............I own and drive a EL Fairmont Ghia at the moment. B]

You can still remain as an associate member, upto u, but if you want to rock upto any events you'd be more than welcome.

DECA comming up soon, make an effort to be there and show us all off!!!

Sorry up in Albury and will miss meeting:bond:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
laminge
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing