Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone called 2MMM Syd this morning to say that if Falcon sales didn't pick up by the end of the year, Ford would cease local production and begin importing the Falcon.

Obviously, the AU cannot be imported since it is not built anywhere else. I can't think of any truly comparable products within the Ford global catalog, so I figure that this is a pretty unlikely senario.

However, the question must be asked - what level of sales are required to keep local production viable? 30,000? 50,000?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
As far as I know they tried to do this with the Taurus and we all know what a success that was. It was apparantly evaluated before the AU program and it was decided to keep the Falcon in Oz. Local production is safe unitl 2005 as far as I know..

Any explaination GP??

·
86 Posts
I have no idea where they get this garbage from.We are spending a King's ransom on the new Falcon and are working away on another product which we are yet to get approved.Neither of these actions is consistant with the junk you heard this morning.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
I have no idea where they get this garbage from.We are spending a King's ransom on the new Falcon and are working away on another product which we are yet to get approved.Neither of these actions is consistant with the junk you heard this morning.
Junk it is..

I think we all know that Ford is about to Kick some serious butt...

And there is no way that its going to escape the Country!

Good on ya Geoff!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I'd sooner believe that 'Mark Skaife to quit HRT' rumour.

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Losing Ford as a local producer would hurt Holden more that benefit them. The supply chain (as seen with Tristar) is often shared, so a major drop in the vehicle production numbers would drive a lot out of business. For example, BTR now deals almost exclusively with Ford for their transmissions (according to my friend there) - if Ford ceased production then that would knock out suppliers like BTR etc. The flow on effect would be devestating ...

Geoff - perhaps you should call (or get someone to call) the radio station. Dispute the rumour and get a free plug for the company ...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Hobbes said:
Geoff - perhaps you should call (or get someone to call) the radio station. Dispute the rumour and get a free plug for the company ...
Or if it was ever in danger of closing go crawling to state and federal governments for money like mitsu is..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts