Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry for the dumb question. Has the Ute got a metal floor underneath the Tubliner or is that it. Surely there must be metal under it cos it couldnt be that strong. do they look any good out? Sorry for the naive post.

·
wasting money on cars
611 Posts
there is a metal floor underneath but not like earlier falcon utes. the tub is only screwed in and is not worth removing.if you look between the rear window and the tray you will see the back of the trayliner.so if you remove it you will have alot of gaps

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
there is no metal floor under the AU and the BA utes the tub liner has been tested to 1 ton .....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh. so it wasnt that dumb of question. cool. doesnt really sound too strong being only plastic. anyone had dramas?

·
6,021 Posts
I was told they dropped 1 ton of bricks in a tub liner and Ute sales went through the roof last year for Ford they sold about 22,000 units it was the only sales area they beat Holden, so the Ford Ute must be doing something right...

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
One thing that has annoyed me is on mine, where the liner meets the top of the sides... it has seperated and isnt sealed. Ill ask ford about it when im next in. Apart from that i have carried (on and off) tools and about 350-400KG's in there and so far the tub itself is impressive, so far so good.

cheers,
Matt

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
r00na said:
One thing that has annoyed me is on mine, where the liner meets the top of the sides... it has seperated and isnt sealed. Ill ask ford about it when im next in. Apart from that i have carried (on and off) tools and about 350-400KG's in there and so far the tub itself is impressive, so far so good.

cheers,
Matt
Mine is the same , as well as the floor warping near the LHS wheel arch.
Another one is on the way for warranty replacement.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Who said there's no metal floor????? Here's a pic of mine without the liner.

Attachments

·
6,021 Posts
so its only the wheel arches that are open ? is the AU like this also i was told that i dont have a metal floor on my BA...

·
7,777 Posts
The AU and BA are basically the same.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Hmm odd, i thought they only had the cross members, when i used to walk around on mine it used to make a cracking sound!

·
7,777 Posts
XTS:
I'm guessing that's why they use the sticky felt/gum tape to keep the liner in contact instead of buckling around.

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Fordhead, hopefuly my dealer actually thinks its a problem and doesnt say "its normal" like my soft cover that flaps in the breeze lol Your post is encouraging.

Pete, thanks for posting that photo, i had never seen whats under there! Nice garage organization too!

cheers,
Matt

·
6,021 Posts
AP is that a Herrod sticker on your rear window ??

·
7,777 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
AP is that a Herrod sticker on your rear window ??
Why of course. Just because the car hasn't been there doesn't mean I can't wish right????? :angel:

·
6,021 Posts
AP you did have a Herrod cats back on for a while...

·
Leafspring Owners Club
340 Posts
r00na my soft cover used to flap around heaps.

went into ford dealer after it had bubbled around so much it snapped the loops on the tail gate at what I called highway speed (140-150)

They fixed it under warrenty as it was a known fault. Strengthed the front corners and also put press studs in to keep the corners down. This is part of the problem. Now the cover is a bit streched it flaps a little anyway but its heaps better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts