Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Is this one of those SVO ones? Any pics of under the bonnet?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is will get pics under the bonnet son. It ius one of onely 300
:)
fast....

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
They are a good/quick car for the time.We're talking 12 years ago.

The scope for these engines is pretty wide.
taken from Performance street car mag from '89

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
and the rest.
This car beat 10 others in a shootout of "original" cars.
2nd: GTHO Phase 3; 14.37
3rd: XA GT rpo83 :14.69
4th: HSV SV89: 14.74
5th:E55 Charger V8: 14.8
6th: E49Charger 6 pack: 14.93
7th:XW GT :15.38
8th:VKSS group A : 15.40
9th:HSV VL Group A: 15.60
10th: HQ Monaro GTS 350: 15.61
and last 11th: 17.25...from a original XR GT

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hmmm looks like i've gotta contact SVO to get my wagon to beat HSV's. Some impressive figures there thats for sure. And the torque. :s5 :s5

·
I Love Forced Induction.
569 Posts
The only thing is that AIT went out of business awhile ago, so good luck finding a suitable turbo place, If I was you wait till the AV Turbo comes out, the coppers wont know what hit them when they pop the bonnet and see a turbo, on a production ford, and I think they might purchase a few of there own, now im not sure if these AVs are going to have a front mount cooler, but most likely you would be able to mod them,

I will wait for an AV, if they are the right price I will get one, throw in some 3.9 gears, if its auto trick the auto, boost it up, 3 inch exhaust, theres my 300 plus kws, and 11s here I come.

MERRY XMAS TO ALL.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
SUPERCHARGEDEB said:
The only thing is that AIT went out of business awhile ago, so good luck finding a suitable turbo place, If I was you wait till the AV Turbo comes out, the coppers wont know what hit them when they pop the bonnet and see a turbo, on a production ford, and I think they might purchase a few of there own, now im not sure if these AVs are going to have a front mount cooler, but most likely you would be able to mod them,

I will wait for an AV, if they are the right price I will get one, throw in some 3.9 gears, if its auto trick the auto, boost it up, 3 inch exhaust, theres my 300 plus kws, and 11s here I come.

MERRY XMAS TO ALL.
It is a pity they are gone now. I went for a test drive in an AIT XE turbo a long time ago. Man did this thing fly. Massive turbo pushing into twin carbs. Scared the shit out of both me driving and the carsalesman.pulled hard in every gear.
Russell.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm... very very impressive!! Those torque figures are great, very tasty :cheer:

Reminds me of the twin turbo XF AWD that was made as well.. but seems this one is substantially quicker. I'd like to have a closer look at one of these SVO units, for sure.

·
What day is it again?
32 Posts
I think that's what I need to do to my EA - but now It's just making me doubt that ED XR8/Sprint option I'd pretty much settled on. I've posted pics of what my car is in the showroom, anyone got any rough price figures as to what you'd be paying for a decent single turbo job at SVO? and how do the 3.9 MPEFI engines cope with turbos?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
EAXR6????????

Did you buy the car or just find a picture of the thing? How can you buy a car like this then not a word about how it goes, HSV's you have dusted etc etc. Come on EA, what's it like?

·
Registered
542 Posts
eaxr6 said:
Here it is!
In the post you say this car is from the SVO range - are you sure??

The whole package (body kit and wheels) looks like an APV SR3900. APV (Ithink Advanced Performance Vehicles) was set up by some ex HDT operators originally working on VN Comodes, they later expanded the range and did some Falcons.
The company was originally set up in Bayswater Vic and must of done quite alright if you say around 300 were built but I don't think there were 300 turbo versions I think most SR3900s were just body kits, suspension/wheels and extractor/exhaust mods.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything but it's just every photo I've seen of **** Webb's SVO Falcons wore different body kits and 16" Wheel combos (but some of those were turbo'd too)

SVO Motorsport (aka ****) care to ellaborate??

Paul B
XR6WGN

PS It still looks in good nick and yes those 3.9 Turbos really hauled the goods.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
thats a nice car, those E series falcons come up so good with a little body work and lowering.

I never knew there was an EA with turbo produced. Guess you learn something every day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the extra body bits....makes it look alot fatter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts