Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got info on availability, cost and expected performance increase on the AU I6 fitted with Turbo.
Do they fit up easily and what internal engine mods would I need to have done?
I saw Zeus's blower in the Members rides forum. How does the cost and performance compare between the 2 options (Turbo vs. Supercharger)

Thanks.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
mbrown42 said:
Anybody got info on availability, cost and expected performance increase on the AU I6 fitted with Turbo.
Do they fit up easily and what internal engine mods would I need to have done?
I saw Zeus's blower in the Members rides forum. How does the cost and performance compare between the 2 options (Turbo vs. Supercharger)

Hi there mbrown42 mate l've been driving cars for yrs and from experience that tells me is to go BLOWN you'll never get lag <<< as to TURBO LAG and ur'll have power at intanced throttle, besides cost set up is virtually the same.
CHEERS ZEUS;)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You wont get much lagg on our 4.0L motor, especially with all its low down torque, you'll probably get maximum boost by 3000rpm too.... :D

You'd be lucky to have any boost by that RPM on most 4 pots.

Id try AVO TurboWorld in Vic, they have some experience with 6 cyl Falcons I think.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
With turbo lag esp on an auto it's more a time thing rather than revs.My rex has boost from 2000rpm even lower.But if you just floor it,it will kick down rev to 7500rpm before boost comes on and that IS the slow way to drive it.Gets out of sink with auto.I have found to put 1/4 throttle boost comes on then go on boost not revs.I think the 4Ltr would be much the same,Oh not the 7.5k rpm say 5.5k-rpm.Give me a couple of turbo's with wast gate etc and manifolds it would be on my Henry in NO time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts