Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chooka Cooka
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wondering if there is a company that has put out an aftermarket turbo kit for an ED XR6 and how much they cost if they exist.
looks like i will be getting myself an ED XR6 very soon and i have been tossing up the idea of turbo rather than supercharging
thanks, Ben

·
Andy the Ambo
39 Posts
Did you have any luck with your turbo for your xr6 ?

Im looking at doing mine..

Clint

·
Registered
34 Posts
I sell Turbo kits,
Several Brands are available.
They range in price from $3000

They Include,
Turbo Manifold,
Garrett Turbo,
Oil lines + fittings,
Intercooler,
Rising Rate fuel Pressure regulator,
Dump pipe,
Fuel pump,
etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking for a kit for my ED XR6. How come the one you are selling costs so much?

I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I am genuinely interested. A freind of mine reckoned I should be looking at around the $1200 for a basic turbo.

Also, I'm no performance guru, but I am guessing that the addition of a turbo is one link in the chain. Anyone got comments or recomendations for things such as piggy-back chips/computers? My XR has a regular ED's computer in it (don't ask) so I'm hoping a fully programmable piggy back can be all I need to get the most out of my motor.
I already have extractor headers but I'm assuming I really should fork over for an exhaust that is 3" all the way if I'm gonna soup up the induction.

Also, without getting into a holy war, which is better, the supercharger or the turbo?

I actually want a turbo that is slanted to economy, but can punch it enough to overtake a long road train in a short space.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Heckas was not quoteing turbo alone..You need exhaust manifold, dump pipe, higher flow fuel pump etc....
A Wolf. EMS 8860 or Stinger, Haltech E6X, E11v2 [to name a few] would all do the job...Talk to the guy doing the tune, the one he's familia with is the better option...Expect to pay from $950 to $2500...
You'll require atleast 30 Lb injectors. Imo get the new 42Lb check Ebay....
You don't realy need to change fuel reg if you fit CORRECT injectors and tune with boost referenced ecu/ map...
Long stroke motors respond well to turbo's....
These kits do not include ecu, injectors and tuning...
http://www.snortperformance.com/ford_falcon_eb_turbo_kits.htm

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
yeah Im intrested in this, what sort of rwkw would you be looking at from running the highest boost a stock engine (4.0) would take?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
An EB engine with Crow turbo cam and XR6 springs with damper has made 386 rwkw with GT45 turbo... No porting of heads or any strengthening to rotating assembly... 22 Lb @ 18* with C16...
330 rwkw - 18 8* advance on BP unleaded...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
An EB engine with Crow turbo cam and XR6 springs with damper has made 386 rwkw with GT45 turbo... No porting of heads or any strengthening to rotating assembly... 22 Lb @ 18* with C16...Thats 517 rwhp...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
386rwkw is 517 rwhp !!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
An EB engine with Crow turbo cam and XR6 springs with damper has made 386 rwkw with GT45 turbo... No porting of heads or any strengthening to rotating assembly... 22 Lb @ 18* with C16...
there doin 370 rear kw on 14psi from a litle to4. from snort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts