1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Probe GT Member
14 Posts
ya its been out for awhile. howlett i think has the kit and is running it without probs. It was in the forced induction on PT. Reason for the low boost was he has stock exsaust going back .. this made to much back pressure

G

·
dav said:
ya its been out for awhile. howlett i think has the kit and is running it without probs. It was in the forced induction on PT. Reason for the low boost was he has stock exsaust going back .. this made to much back pressure
It's Harrison who has the kit.

And it is still in the vvvvveeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyy end of it's testing. Though I believe you can buy it. W/ that you could probably get the whole FI shebang out of your way for under $4000 if you installed it.

·
Probe GT Member
14 Posts
thanks for the reminder i had a brain fart with that post :s3 :s5

·
Probe Owner
49 Posts
Im psyched, seems like it'll be a good kit, and will require minimal messing around/additional costs after the fact. I can't wait to see a complete list of whats included, and the price. Hopefully he will get an intercooled version for the 96pgt by the time I have saved the money for it...... :-D Plans on modding my car are on hiatus right now due to a HUGE FI bug that bit me in the ass two days ago.

:-D

Walter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Eh, for some reasons you guys get the wrong idea about exaust. It's not about backpressure, it's about the flow of the exaust. At lower rpm smaller piping will make much more sence since at no point does the exaust slow down due to it only being able to expand forward. Thus it moves fast out of the exaust and not restricting the engine. At higher rpm the gases are not able to leave fast because there's just too much of them thus you need bigger piping. If you want the most out of your exaust, you wikk need to measure the amount of gas comming out of the exaust and build a system capable of moving more, but not too much or they slow down.

The mufflers with a closable flap are there for noise restriction. Since you don't want a really loud engie at low rpm yet you want some flow, so the flap controls that.

That's about it... Sorry if that sounds confusing, I'll elaborate if you have any questions.

·
Probe GT Member
14 Posts
how rick do u supercharge for under 1 k not using a electric one that has nuts flying off ?? :eek:o1:

·
Probe Owner
49 Posts
dav said:
how rick do u supercharge for under 1 k not using a electric one that has nuts flying off ?? :eek:o1:
Yeah, explain, make the kit, and I'll buy it for $2k

·
Probe GT Member
42 Posts
Well, Mike Noren has one on his car (12.80/111mph) . :s5

I just bought a SC from Ebay for 295.00 shipped. Add a FMU, BOV and Intercooler for about $300.00 more (all from Ebay).

A little custom bolt on work and you to can be boosting upto 10psi.

And you dont have to relocate the battery, or have custom exhaust tubing made. This alone will save you about $400.00.

Of course there is one minor drawback.
No AC.
But hey, you want to go fast right? ;)

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
I'm curious to know what kind and what size blower your are going to be using.

G

·
WOW. Thats what I want my car to look like and have. Except for the rims. They have got to go. But other than that its a very fast and is a sweet ride. I would Love to have that kit too!

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
i never use the AC anyway...that's why windows were invented. :hy:

·
Probe GT Member
42 Posts
Its the same SC from a SC Thunderbird. Same SC TKT uses with that god awful cross over to drive the pullies. With out the cross over.

Im working on two configurations, one may or may not allow AC. The other willl allow AC but, yep theres a but, may require a custom hood.

p.s.
A SC or TC PGT can put out as much or more than a NA V8 engine. :hy:

I only posted this tidbit of info because I think ALL performance companies are screwing the customer with HIGH prices for so called custom work.
$500.00 for bent exhaust tubing? Another $500.00 for a special exahust manifold mount for a turbo?
All of the items needed are easy to manufacture, with minimal equipment.
Granted a NEW TC or SC cost big $$$, but they have that to a science and can easily make differant size configurations with MINIMAL costs to themselves.

Ive worked in Manufacturing and Design for 18 years now.
The consumer is being SCAMMED bigtime.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts