Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, was wondering if anyone knows were I can but a turbo manifold for an ED XR6. Any comments from anyone who has been in or owns a turbo falcon 6 what is it like? And how hard is it to turbo one of these engines?
thanks
NXR06

·
Registered
3,023 Posts

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
What sort of cost's would be involved in turbocharging an EF Fairmont Ghia? I was thinking around 250-285 at the flywheel not the rear wheels though. I know you can get a supercharger for around $6000, but I'd prefer turbo if possible. I was thinking of getting second hand stuff like intercooler's and possibly the turbo as well if possible. Thanks.

·
Drop a gear and dissapear
29 Posts
Gas research have a few turbo fords running around they have a kit which includes manifolds piping turbo so on for $4999 not fitted

also MK automotive have built a turbo 250 so you could try them
MK automotive : 95532303
gas research or turbo systems australia : 97066019
www.gasresearchpc.com.au

·
traction LTD
348 Posts
i sell manifolds for $700 (internal gate) and $750 (external).
plus postage.
check forsale section for more info

·
Registered
274 Posts
See if you can find a copy of the 'Workhorse Wakeup' article that was in Zoom, im sure someone on here will have a copy of it. To get 200rwkw All they did was put twin vg20det turbo's (cheap as chips and fairly abundant) A decent intercooler and upgrade the injectors (not sure what the new ones flowed) once all the piping was in all it needed was a retune, and at 6lb of boost it had gone up from 98rwkw to 200ish rwkw.

If you had a single turbo setup it might be able to be done even cheaper, they spent about 3g getting up to that stage, however that does not include the time they (being experienced installers) spent putting it all together.

Also you cant go over 6lb of boost on a stock ecu it will sh1t itself apparently.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Can u confirm that ??? I have heard similar 5/6 psi but what happens to ECU?
My Garett wastegate from my 250 iron X-F is set a 9 psi and was gonna use it on my ED turbo.

turboute said:
Also you cant go over 6lb of boost on a stock ecu it will sh1t itself apparently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts