Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have EF motor running 13PSI straight gas and no intercooler, how much should i expect the power to increase by after putting an intercooler on, The air temperature is currently around 150degress with no water injection or intercooling, i am expecting the air temp to drop to around 80degress with water to air and then later on when i can afford the pump hopefully get it down to 50degress or lower.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Your boost will possibly drop but your power will increase heaps.Better timing can be added too or retard on boost.I have seen advances in power of 100% increase over first fitment of turbo when set up and tuned properly..
150*intake temp is quite high, lucky you are on gas....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the pressure will drop but i can always increase it up more so that its at 13psi at motor again, i am possible thinking of going to 15psi after intercooling, but will depend on power, and how happy i am with it, at the current moment at full boost i am at 10degrees timing, so hopefully i should be able to get it up to around 15degrees.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Boost will also depend on fuel being up to it..What size injectors??

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Gulp sorry I forgot !! Yea so long as GAS is up to it...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i don't have any injectors i have actually welded up the injector holes in the intake manifold in order to try to attempt to make my engine bay look neater. Except the twin converters make everything look about 10times worse the injectors did.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah not yet, it looks too embarrasing at the moment, have to wait to i neaten it up a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts