Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now driving an XF Falcon.
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, LuvinmyEB, her son and I were in Northland, wandering around, when we came across a Mazda RX8 parked in the shopping center, as a display for one of those raffles where if you win, you can choose which car you get out of a XR 6T/8 Falcon, Monaro, RX8, Commodore HSV something, and a few others.

Anyway, LuvinmyEB was buying a raffle ticket, and looking at all the cars on one of the posters, when the sales guy started saying "Don't worry, you don't have to have this unreliable turbo thing behind me, you can choose to have a real car instead", and pointed to the picture of the Monaro.

Now, I hate it when people try to bullshit me, so I straight away said "The RX8 doesn't have a turbo, you must be thinking of the late model RX7s"

The guy wanted to argue that yes, the RX8 DOES have a turbo, and because it's a turbo rotary, it won't last 6 months. He then went on to say that he could pop the hood and show us the engine, but we wouldn't be able to SEE the turbo, because it's hidden under a big lump of plastic, but it's there, and he'd know becuase he used to be a mazda dealer...

It was at this point that I walked away, laughing, saying aloud that if he was trying to convince me to buy a ticket, he'd just talked himself out of a whole stack of potential sales...

Anybody else find themselves annoyed when they hear people who know nothing about cars talking shit like that?

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
yep dealers and a lot of people claiming cars can "easily" do 7.5sec 1/4 mile times with small minor mods or getting a skyline to 1500hp with a few tweaks...grr turbo rx8 pfft...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Used to be Mazder dealer? Now he's selling raffle tickets ????

Sounds like this guy is a real mover..
Politician next !!!!

I guess he was doing it for good cause..

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
hahahhaha damn that is so funny !!!

gotta lvoe the dealers that know jack s**t about stuff just to bs you to get a sale of any kind

·
Registered
738 Posts
No RX-8 has a turbo, unless it was modified. I believe the RX-7 may make a comeback - with a turbo rotary - it's a possibility, not a definite

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Yes, the RX8 does have a turbo....which also means the FPV GT-P comes standard with a 20psi vortech supercharger too....LOL...Now slap me!!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Should have told him you didnt need a ticket as you already have an M3 turbo at home.......

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
M3 turbo...that's a good one...now wait! I've got a Mini Cooper S Turbo in my garage. It's got a T66 turbo in it running 60psi...blah blah blah...now slap me again...please!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts