Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turbo an MX6 92 model..
Anyone done this ?? Know of any www. sites ???

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Moving this to the Mazda forum .Also, try MX-6.com .

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
almost !!!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well?? There is NO room on the front of the engine to mount anything unless it was driven by a long shaft!! Besides in this case a turbo should be easy as the original manifolds can stay and the turbo can be mounted between the two..Remember it's a V6..
Besieds if it went well with a blower imagine how it would go with a good turbo???

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
As the MX6 is related to the Probe, I would have a look for Turb Probes as well. I belive it has been done before, although I can't remember any details.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are purchasing a latter model motor. Lower compression and fabing everything before fitting a high flow T3/4.Then hopefully everything will fit..Finding bigger injectors is the big issue..I'v heard that side feed Nissan injectors can fit but the fuel rails need modding..But we'll get to that part latter...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FTEfan said:
As the MX6 is related to the Probe, I would have a look for Turb Probes as well. I belive it has been done before, although I can't remember any details.
Yes I know thats why I started this in Probe MX6 section ????

Austrack has a sports sedan with twin turbo's and makes unbelievable power for a 2.5 Ltr...But thats WAY over the top for this street car, besides its front wheel drive and std g/box...

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
Well?? There is NO room on the front of the engine to mount anything unless it was driven by a long shaft!! Besides in this case a turbo should be easy as the original manifolds can stay and the turbo can be mounted between the two..
Why don't you have a look at the Eunos 800 range. They used the same KL block, it just had a shorter stroke and displaced 2.3L. It was also fitted factory standard with a MillerCycle supercharger. They moved the battery to the boot.

Remember it's a V6..
Yes, I know its a v6, I have one.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Oh, and also, Zoom magazine a while back had the 2.5L engine with twin turbos sitting in a drag racing commodore - 750Bhp - they did do some internal mods to the engine, cams etc, cant remember the full details. Probably about 12 months ago now.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I must have a look at one. Eunos.. I dought the std blower would have much cfm though, but a good place to start...

The reason I said V6 is the earlier ones where 4 cyl...Less room with V6..
Thanks Dave...

·
Probe GT
47 Posts
wait so it's a 92 mx6 kl03? or is it f2? If it's a 92 should have the f2. If its a v6 it should be 93 at least

is it a euro model or something?

I could probably recomend some sites but it depends on what engine/car you have.

Eric

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I think that Commodore sports sedan was built by Austrack out at Minto NSW..Alittle over the top for street use. These engines [blocks] must be bulletproof!!!

Its a 92 2.5 V6/ 24 quad cam, manual... first model here in Australia with this motor.Previous mx6's were 4 cyl and not a patch on this model, it still looks good over 10 years latter...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The injecters are not combatable with anything else ? Does any one know how to fit bigger injecters higher than 220cc ?? Looks like we have to convert the fuel rails to custom ones from SR 20 etc or fit extra inj's at throttle body...

·
Registered
17 Posts
im an apprentice spray painter and yesterday we were spraying an mx6 all wheel steer turbo but im not exactlysure what model it was and im 100% sure it was a factory turbo

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes mate thats why I said V6 for the early ones where 4 cylinders, some where turbo'd..We have the parts except injectors so we are going to add two at throttle body.Have taken 2.5cc out of each chamber. Using GT 40 turbo .70 AR cold side and .62 turbine side.. EB on N2O is making up exhaust manifolds.Using existing cast manifolds to turbo.300 X 600mm intercooler.This is going on a latter model motor KLz with wilder cams inlet etc..Just hope we can work out how to run different coil/ dissy set up??

·
Fast but not Furious
44 Posts
The injectors from the eunous v6 have a higher flow rate.. I think the import ones are millennia’s?..
Any way they are a few members mx6 .com with boosted v6 now..
Come on over and have a look around..

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got some injectors off a s/c V6 929 it has 29cc injectors I guess same as Millena's...Thats around 300cc...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts