Ford Forums banner

TVs in PGTs

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  ProbeBandit 
G
#1 ·
These pics are in reference of what we were talking about in the Appearance section. IM working on getting an in dash flip-up tv, and ChargerGL mentioned he will try to install a monitor in a custom center console.
I got these pics from ProbeTalk, I dont know whose cars are they...

This one is a flip-up indash cd player-tv monitor in a PGT (Mine will be just like that, but the dash will be painted silver...):

It disappears in the dash when you dont need it, or if you get pulled over:

And this one is a custom center console with the tv installed where the radio used to be (Steve this may help you):

See less See more
#4 ·
hehe i just thought of how i am going to do mine..... wow this is going to be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
I got a good idea for all 2nd gen probes of where to put it.... still a secret for now :D

#8 ·
darn you people...i cant keep secrets from you...the glove box....in the glove box..

G
#9 ·
ProbeBandit said:
In front of the passenger airbag? In my car, thats not such a good idea... Those tvs are expensive and my airbags go off pretty frequently... :D

ChargerGL, glad to be of service...
Im talking 93. Didnt 93 NOT come with airbags??? or just some??

G
#12 ·
ChargerGL said:
93= no airbags....
93s came with only driver side airbags. From 94 it was both driver and passenger side as well... I wouldnt put a tv in front of the airbag. The airbag is there for a reason, now if you get into an accident I wouldnt wanna have a tv pushed in my face... Trust me the airbag itself hurts too, I can only imagine what damage a monitor could do... Not to mention what the insurance company would do after they found out you had a tv in front of the airbag. Forgedaboudit!

G
#14 ·
Don, Kenny is selling what??? Im getting my set-up within a couple of days, so if he got a monitor or something lemme know.
Im trying to get it together, Ive been playing wiith the center console from the 93 all day today, trying to decide what to move where. I wanna keep the stereo I have now but Ill have to move it down... If anyone done this before, I could use some help...

G
#18 ·
Finally found a tv, I just bought it, its a 5" indash flip-up monitor, now I need a matching cd changer and an antenna. The tv tuner is built in, I dont have to worry about that. Oh and now I need a dvd player too. Next week Ill start with the interior if the weather gets a little better! I cant waiit!

#19 ·
Good job guys, I'll be keeping an eye on this. I was just about to purchase a Pioneer flip-up, but then I saw the Xplods and started thinking about mounting the LCD and taking out the vents like the second picture. Any of you guys gonna be at AFN? I'd like to see some of these up close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.