Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stood there wondering how cool my EF would look with twin tail pipes (one on the left, one on the right) like an XB GT. But it looks like mission impossible underneath.

Has anyone done this, or tried it ?

Should sound pretty good too,

Also I just got some NGK "IRIDIUM" tipped high perforance spark plugs.
I fitted them, but the reach is not as long as the NGK stnd XR6 plugs, nayone know about these new babies ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have considered putting twin pipes on my EF (only after twin turboing it tho)

here is what you have to do (legalities aside ). Cut out the spare wheel well have it welded over with flat plate.
and either move the existing fuel tank to the middle or have a nice droptank made up. Once you've done that its dead easy to run twin pipes, just run them down the right and cross one over just before the diff.

Delta

T

·
0 Posts
i've been thinking about the same thing! what i was thinking is running two separate 2.5" exhausts from engine back. have a custom system made up so it would slightly resemble V8 sound. it would be expensive as hell, and there's no room down there. not for two sets of cats and mufflers!

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
it would look great but would the performance gain(if any) offset the additional weight of extra piping? this is a serious question if anyone knows cause i too would like to do it, only i have a v8.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
What about the Ford Predator a few years back? That had two 4" exhaust tips, one on either side. I'm not sure what they did to get that to work.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
the predator ran on gas so the tank would have been non-existent.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Oh yeh, forgot about that. So what did they do with that, get rid of the petrol tank and put an LPG tank in its place or did the LPG tank just go in the boot?

T

·
0 Posts
twin side exhaust... run a pipe to each side of the car and run it along the length of the car... that would look SWEET!

but A) it's illegal B) you'd need some BLOODY GOOD insulation material if you don't want to burn your calves every time you get outta the car.

why are they illegal?! i mean... it's just not fair...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts