Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mum done yet another 6 cyl, so its tiime to take out the v8 out of the xb, and put in her XE, i got a few questions

1 we only have a twin system and thats only upto the mufflers, just infront of the diff, can it be fitted to a xe?

2 the holley runs too rich with petrol, but my htinking with straight gas, will be fine? as it is just sucking? not mixing

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Do you want legal?

The exhaust will not bolt on as the floors are different, You'll need more than the two mulfers otherwise the EPA may fine you. If you wanna run the holly you will have to remove everything including lines that is used for petrol.

My XE V8 has a dual throttle body from Gas Research. I also only have the two mufflers with a dual 2" system but that's a risk I'm taking.

If you want to keep the petrol on the XE you will have to have everything for the emissions.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The holley would have to go in order to comply with the emmisions so I think you will have to source a thermoquad and fit all the polution lines & gear to the car. I think ford used thermoquad carburators, smaller cam, lower comp...and all the other crap that reduced the power on the motors in order to compy with the emmisons.

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
so you can't put a holley on a car and have it be EPA compliant?

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
Not in an XE, the holleys just don't have the connections nessesary to hook up all the EGR lines. Straight LPG doesn't have to meet the same emmission controls so its far easier to get past a RW test.

Also the exhaust system you mentioned wouldn't pass a roadworthy for the fact it does not extend past the diff. To the letter of the law has to be in line with the rear bumper. Twin systems on XE's are difficult because of the petrol tank, but if you go straight LPG and kick the tank out there's heaps of room.

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EMISSIONS? whats that stupid word?

gonna get a single system made for it...
accelerator cable, and shifter are all thats needed anyways, for what me and dad wanna do, motor hasnt been run for a while and we have a rubber smell dificenty... hehehe

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You guys must have strict rego compliance over there if you have to get emmission tests for rego compliance in an XE.

Lucky we don't have that problem In WA. Been a long time since my XD complied with the letter of the law.

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
We don't need to have an emmission test done for the roadworthy as such, but all the factory pollution controls must be in place to get a RWC.

So if there is a holley on there its not going to be possible to get a RWC. If a dodgy RWC is obtained then its only a matter of time around here before a random RW/EPA station gets you (especially if you like to cruise in the city on weekends) then they fine you instead.

Mind you I'm no angel, i've had to take the XD pretty much of the road because of the mods done to it, but for a daily driver its really a bad move to choose a setup that is guarenteed to fail a RW IMO.

·
Registered
309 Posts
agreed, all my mates have been done with defects by the police, and with the new hoon laws up here it aint pretty

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lucky for us we don't have random EPA checks or physical checks at time of registration. Only time we can get into strife is if Mr Plod happens pulls you over for something else, generally you have to be pretty unlucky to get a defect sticker here for a Holley or removed emmissions on a car as old as an XD.

Last few "experiecnes" I've had been extra lucky because being a younger cop they just didn't really know what they were looking at, a Holley etc and no emmissions gear.

I've sussed out that the standard training they seem to get here is to check for an oily motor, battery bolted down, correct size wheels and tyres and right grade of window tint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts