Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I am currently drawing up a twin turbo manifold for my EF I6 in Autocad2000.
Would someone be so kind as to measure the distance from the exhaust manifold face to the drivers side strut tower. I would prefer a measurement taken from an EB1 as this is the car the EF engine is going into. Shouldn't really matter which model though as long as its an "E" series. This will allow me to see how far I can come off the head for the turbo flanges.

I'd do it myself but I don't want to put the engine back together and back into the car just to get this measurement. I someone could spent 10 seconds getting it for me I would appreciate it immensely.

Also, just out of curiosity, what are people's opinions about the manifold? Should I keep each turbo on a seperate manifold, or should I use a common exhaust plenum for both turbos?

Thanks.

Chris.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In a word seperate.
Dont have an E series so I cant help with your other request...

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
im pretty sure its 22cm exactly - i remember measuring it for joe one night when he was doing his turbo manifold - his turbo is about 19cm across i think...some pretty careful design required to allow for 15mm each side!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Keep the main galleries to each turbo seperate, however join them using a small piece of pipe so that the pressure in each side will stay fairly similar. If either of the manifolds then cracks or leaks it will keep the pressure going to each turbo similar so that one turbo os not doing all the work and providing more boost than the other (this may actally cause the one with a crack/leak to stall if the leak is bad enough, not 100% on that though). Anyway I think HKS and TRUST do that on their GTR and Supra TT manifolds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts