Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

I saw the quickest XR6 ever on Friday night. It was at a street meet at Calder Park raceway. It ran a low 11 sec pass several times. I'm not sure exactly what it had done to it, but the commentator mentioned that it was a twin-turbo 4ltr. Me and the rest of the croud (especially the commodore V8's) were stunned by the power this thing produced.

Oz

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah turbo is way to go......
just having a twin turbo gives you 340hp mininum at just 8 psi. Unlike your nissan gt-r's have to produce at least 20 psi of boost similar power. Have you seen the twin turbo xr8 in Zoom?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Theres is an XR6 featured at Autospeed.com that has around [email protected] on 16psi boost. Imagine the kind of power it would have at 5500Rpm....
I wonder if this is the car? Its a dark blue ED with 18 inch Simmons rims and the number plate DAVEXR

But theres no real benefit of Twins vs Single Turbo other than reduced lagg at low Rpms, which wouldnt be a problem with a 4L motor....

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
BTW DAVEXR is only single turboed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boys,

The XR6 was an EL 5speed. BTW, he was only running stock 16" tickfords with normal tyres. He was strugling for traction. Imagine he ran with slicks!!! 10 sec pass easy :)

Oz

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Oz, what kind of MPH was he pulling at the end of the 1/4?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Martin,

I think it was doing runs around the 120mph mark, but don't quote me on that. I was too overwhelmed by the power this thing had, not to mention the blow off valves working overtime :) Has anyone else seen this car? It's navy blue in colour and looks very stock from outside. I hope it's at Calder for the next street meet.

Oz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts