Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TWR car to have 7 cars running next year? I read it somewhere - seems to have been confirmed - anyone shed some light? Surely soon they're going to have to put a cap on how many cars can share data - one race of Formula 1's would probably fund an entire V8 series for a 2 car team - will TWR get a monopoly of Holden crap mobiles?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
If this is the case then AVESCO should have a good hard look at themselves. One team should not be allowed to field more than two cars. The whole premise behind V8 racing is to keep the techno advantage to a minimum so that these big money teams can't walk away with the trophy every year. If it's true then it's a discrace.. :(

BTW what's going on with Jag Racing? I heard somewhere that Bobby Rahal is moving on. Is this true or just a rumour?

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Ford Man said:
If this is the case then AVESCO should have a good hard look at themselves. One team should not be allowed to field more than two cars. The whole premise behind V8 racing is to keep the techno advantage to a minimum so that these big money teams can't walk away with the trophy every year. If it's true then it's a discrace.. :(

BTW what's going on with Jag Racing? I heard somewhere that Bobby Rahal is moving on. Is this true or just a rumour?
Bobby Rahal has been given the flick, Lauda has taken over the running of the team.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1-2001/en/headlines/news/detail/010829011438.shtml

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I was under the impression that when TWR took on the kmart cars AVESCO said thats it and were not going to allow them to run any further teams

A

·
0 Posts
twr next

dont suppose it really matters ..some form of motorsport namely superbikes
Ducati actually share info with ALL of their teams ..why do you think that they are winning most years
maybe tickford should do the same thing and share with other teams ....anything for competition

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Ducati might do it but there are generally only 3 or 4 Ducati winners, yet there are about 10-12 Ducati riders.

Take the Champ car situation Players/Forsythe were 1-2 on the grid yet Bryan Herta who's team is also owned by Gerry Forsythe was 26th, they do not collaborate in terms of data etc and that is why Herta was last on the grid.

I bet Mark Skaife doesn't want 6 other drivers using his setup data.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts