Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TxPoc Moderator
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z-Killer and I were disscussing this a few days ago. How would everyone feel about the 2 Pocs meeting? We could "meet in the middle" Be sure to check out ProbeTalk for all the Middle America Showdown information it happens in May so plan ahead!!!

~G~

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
huh... i didn't even notice this post when i started mine! but you know i am down for a meet.... still trying to figure out how i am gonna finance MAS.

i think lubbuck would be a good place for the meet since it is fairly central for most of us. just my .02 cents though! :coo:

·
TxPoc Moderator
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we have to get together a poll of excatly what everyone will want to do and how long we want it to go on. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday would prolly work best for everyone. I'm not to familiar with lubbock so I don't know if there are any drag strips or hot spots. Middle America Showdown will be our best bet to meet the whole group and you DON'T have to race so there's an easy $130 saved. Hotels are going to be extremely cheap expecially when they're split 4 ways. This is one of the biggest meets for the south west area so try and make it out!

~G~

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
there is a drag stirp in lubbock and they usually have SCCA events there also. so that would be something to look into. i just think that most people would be able to make it out to there since it isn't too too far.

i know a little about the place since it is just 1.5hrs from my house, so i go there every now and then. haven't been in a while though.

the first thing we need to figure out in my opinion is when! that way it will make it easier to plan everything else. since we will know exact dates, we will be able to figure out what there will be to do and if there are any racing events around that time. just a thought.

yeah, i know that i don't have to race at MAS, but isn't that the one thing that makes MAS so special. becides... racing on a road ciruit make me feel like i am home since that is all we have back in europe. it's just so much more fun and exciting than any nascar (which i can't stand) race or drag race! :rockon:

i just had to try that smily! :bcool:

·
NMPOC CoFounder/Moderator
63 Posts
I am up for a meet in Lubbock. We can find out when the next SCCA meet is at Reese Air Center. The runway there makes for a great track to run on.:s6:

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
J-Spec said:
I am up for a meet in Lubbock. We can find out when the next SCCA meet is at Reese Air Center. The runway there makes for a great track to run on.:s6:
that's exactly what glance and i were talking about last night. we need to find our if there will be anything in feb/march.

·
63 Posts
I'll look into it tommarrow.

·
63 Posts
Ok guys the next West Texas region SCCA meet will be the first of the season on Febuary 25 @ Reese Center .
That will give us just under 3 Months to prep our cars.
I suggest that NMPOC has a few mod-days to work on our cars. Any ideas? I know my car needs a rebuild. So I would like to have the mod-days here in Clovis NM.

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
mine desperately needs a new engine and transmission... but it has been holding up alright so far. hopefully i will come into some money before the meet. if not... oh well, i'll live.

yeah, but we do need to have some mod meets. it would be cool if we could have one with more than just jesse and i here in clovis.

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
well, hopefully we will see a bunch of probes and MX-6's one this pic next time they take one!!! :coo:

·
TxPoc Moderator
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just keep TxPoc informed,seriously if they're enough people comming I'm sure we wouldn't mind paying a SMALL fee to run on a private drag strip. I can quote about 20 people from Tx that would come to this is it was well taken care of and well thoughtout.Keep us informed.

~G~

·
63 Posts
I still have not heared anything from SCCA. I will try to contact them again some time this week.

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
i'll try to look into the drag strip idea glance mentioned. might be worth a shot.

·
63 Posts
Ok

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
hey jesse, try and scout out some stuff for us if you do go down to lubbock again tomorrow!

·
Probeless Moderator
196 Posts
well, i will be going to lubbock tomorrow myself, so maybe, if we find the time, we will finally get some info on things then. wish us luck! :rcool:

·
63 Posts
I guess next time we will have to scedule more time for that. Or just leave my wife at home. :shh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts