Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday,
Im just looking into getting some 225 15" tyres for my Falcon.
I was wondering what the most popular or moreso the best tyre available in that size is. Ive looked at the Bridgestone Potenza GIII and they seem fairly good.
Im after a tyre that will last a long time, give exceptional traction in dry and wet and also that isnt of a compound that either melts of splits whilst doing burnouts....
Ofcourse price is an issue and im not particularly interested in spending anymore that $180-200 a tyre.

Any help will be interested.

Thanks
Matt

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
well yokohama a539's are 140 each in 215/60/15

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Also look at the Pirelli Dragos (5000's). I had them on the EB and they were increadable. If I could have found them in 16" I would have got them again.

I got mine for about $125 each so they are a good price too.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I have the Bridgstone Potenza RE711 225/60/15 on my EB now. I paid $175 a tyre and they would be the best tyre I have bought for grip in wet & dry. They apparantly work better as they wear. Fantastic tyre and they look awesome.

I have a feeling that they have been superceded with a different name now. Possible called the g3 or something along those lines.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
AusCaRnAgEr said:
Gday,
Im after a tyre that will last a long time, give exceptional traction in dry and wet and also that isnt of a compound that either melts of splits whilst doing burnouts....
Ofcourse price is an issue and im not particularly interested in spending anymore that $180-200 a tyre.
lol
Not having a go, but its kind of a fantasy of every owner to find tyres like these :)

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Probably a bit below the level you're looking at - but I've found Nankang EX601's (225/60/R15) to be terrific. I had P-6000's on before and loved them, but the 601's are at least as good for all wet/dry handling and braking but are quieter and are wearing much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts