Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new toy arriving in may (GTP) and I want to play with it occaisionally.
The synthetic tyres on the 18 inch wheels are a bit expensive to use when practicing 400m or just making black marks.

I don't think I can have a spare set of 17" rims for the back as the brembos won't fit but if I can is this a viable way to have a less expensive solution. 18s on from 17s on back.
This is purely for strip racing and not for travelling.

If not then what is a good tyre to fit to spare 18 inch rims (maybe a bit wider) that will not cost the earth and will give reasionable wear, performance (again only while playing)?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Maybe you could get some remoulds (not retreads)? Even the cheapest conventional 18" tyres start from around $300.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
330s on 18s still have a lot of clearance, I had 355 harrops on the rear of the old ride with 18s with still plenty of clearance, I would think that 17s depending on offsets may be ok.

if your serious i would look at the new BFG 18" Drag radials

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
laminge said:
Gee your dealer certainly has you fooled!!!
Maybe he has......
But then he hasn't got any of my money yet....

You think there will not be any GTPs by may?

·
VENOM-AU2-XR8
290 Posts
you'd find you'll be able to fix 17's on the back.. maybe.. and i stress, maybe even 16's on the back..

for 330mm disks (which is what i believe is upfront), you need min 17's .. i'm presuming the ones down back are smaller.. 300mm??
i know with the premium upgrade, it has 289mm down the back, which is, same as a standard au disk...... so maybe 16's will fit.. you can only try!

·
Registered
29 Posts
whatever wheel package you choose, just make sure they have enough clearance for the brembos...i am pretty sure you will need to use 18"s for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts