Ford Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah i remember those Dunlop Monza 200's ehehehe, with them on my car i use to be able to wheel spin in second gear in the dry, under hard acceleration of course. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Me gotta be abit careful with the right boot, cause i can't afford to change the Yoko's too often.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
laminge said:
Tyres

Damm those rubber things, If I had any say in design they would be made of metal spikes:D

My lovely Dunlops http://www.stuckey.com.au/street.htm are great in the dry, but let them cool down and the road a bit wet, I can do 360's by just pushing the arse end around!!:fmad:

But seriously, in the dry they are the best damm tyre out, well they should be at $660.00 a peice
Laminge

which of these did you end up with?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Strife - a Ford member! That name sounds familiar...
*opens his detective book and looks under LS1.com moderators*

We're attracting all types here!

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Strife - a Ford member! That name sounds familiar...
*opens his detective book and looks under LS1.com moderators*

We're attracting all types here!
I sought of asked the question on our site when laminage posted a thread and though Id chase it up

Ive always been a ford guy a little hard change the ford part in my name ;)

Thought it might be time for some participation rather then lurking besides you guys nearly talk more about holdens anyway
:wink2:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Yeah cool - I've come from the HSV throes anyhow!
In fact, I see my GTS-R is up for sale again here in Sydney - tempting....... :evil:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
strife said:

Laminge

which of these did you end up with?
Strife

Welcome mate, I promise I wont cause the stir as i did on the LS1 board.

I got the Formula DO1J, great tyre in the dry and would be sensational on a trak, but i question my choice in the wet.....:rolleyes:

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
i have 265 SO2s on grungy at the moment and in the wet its total throttle and traction control.

Im thinking of moving toward the dunlops and bigger rear rims I would like to see if I can squeeze 285/295 without doing some minitubbing I think rim choice may be the key there.

With your rear rims was any guard work required etc ?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
strife said:
i have 265 SO2s on grungy at the moment and in the wet its total throttle and traction control.

Im thinking of moving toward the dunlops and bigger rear rims I would like to see if I can squeeze 285/295 without doing some minitubbing I think rim choice may be the key there.

You should have bought an AU Fairlane, theres plenty of room in its rear guards :p :p :cool: ;)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
strife said:

Just a tad on the inner walls but a 5mm spacer sortof fixed that my main prob was the fron tyres catching the outer guard and ripping the tyres to shreads and screwing up the guards

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I have always been bridgestone, and have tried just about every other major brand at some time. I have been impressed with the dunlops and think I will replace them next time round with the same tyre

21 - 32 of 32 Posts