Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I figured I would clean out my air filter, seeing I went to Medford and back, and seemingly drove everywhere else too without cleaning it...I figured it was time.

When I pulled it off, it was encrusted with road grime, and took a bottle of the K&N cleaner to get most of the gunk off. Under that was a whole assortment of bugs....ugh. ( Pardon the phrase ) They were dropping like flies off the filter....If it weren't so amusing, well, I'm sure it would have been something else.

Anyway, what I really want to know is; what are the most interesting things you've found in your air filter? Anything???

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Trey said:
Anyway, what I really want to know is; what are the most interesting things you've found in your air filter? Anything???
I've never had anyone ask me a question like that. Let me think for a moment........... leaves, pine needles, and drit thats it.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...some questions jsut need to be asked I guess....

S

·
0 Posts
Ewww...

I found a quarter in mine, it was cool. I'm still trying figure out how it got there.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm...we don't have drit here in Washington....it would be cool if we did though...;)

P

·
0 Posts
Youhave to clean your air filter??? Since when???

:D LOL Seriously though, this has to be one of the weirdest threads on FF. :rolleyes: Good job!

hehehe

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scamper said:
Ewww...

I found a quarter in mine, it was cool. I'm still trying figure out how it got there.
I wish MY filter would pick up some money, it's no fun being broke. :(

I knew a guy that had a nest of field mice living in his air cleaner. He had a 62 Bonneville that spent the better part of the last few decades sitting in a field by Grand Coulee Dam. It was kinda cool.

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Trey said:

I wish MY filter would pick up some money, it's no fun being broke. :(

I knew a guy that had a nest of field mice living in his air cleaner. He had a 62 Bonneville that spent the better part of the last few decades sitting in a field by Grand Coulee Dam. It was kinda cool.
that would be awesome, then your filter would pay for itself...

P

·
0 Posts
A nest of field mice??? I gotta check my air filter now, the car been sitting for over 10 months now... Maybe Ill find some cool stuff in there. :p

·
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member
58 Posts
gross stuff

I've found some pretty bizarre creatures plastered against my filter. mostly locust-looking grasshoppers and such, but some were pretty gnarly looking.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
QuadCam_GT said:
where do you people live, I have never found anything on my filter...

Mostly CA - the greatest density of gnarly looking creatures in the states....and a lot of them are humans :D

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
best part is dan, i haven't had much problem cleaning out the bad particles from the filter.

the flipside is that the transients have a habit of getting stuck in my grille. probably why one of my pilot's have busted. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts