Ford Forums banner

61 - 80 of 312 Posts

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yea I'd definently be in on a possible group purchase of the Batten kit. I don't know much about A1, but Battens do appear to be fairly professional and likely to back up their product. In their email reply to me they quoted the cost as $165 for the pulleys, $80 for the belt and $12 for shipping to eastern states.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
PigDog said:
Yea I'd definently be in on a possible group purchase of the Batten kit. I don't know much about A1, but Battens do appear to be fairly professional and likely to back up their product. In their email reply to me they quoted the cost as $165 for the pulleys, $80 for the belt and $12 for shipping to eastern states.

Exactly what they quoted me! Sound good huh!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
group buyers list as at 16/01/04 14:38

PigDog - full kit COD to CORIO
XR8 Lamah - full kit Credit Card
Aaron_EF8 - full kit COD to Broadview
Gambit - full kit COD to Singleton
cogo_81 - full kit COD to Leeton
ef05l - full kit COD to Yass
One Ford Drone - full kit COD to Kurmond
!Gn|T|0n - full kit COD to Wilston
jmartion - full kit pickup
montyv8 - full kit COD to Black Forest
dragonv8 - full kit pickup

anyone else?
:wnc:

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Sorry buddy, been to pluto in the last couple of days, I have also got to consider new rotors for the beast in the next couple of months so I would probably buy this and then go rotors later. The billet steel and aluminium weight difference would be so marginal that it would not make a difference in my opinion. The big difference will be over the standard one which is larger and heavier, saying this, a friend of mine bought an under drive pulley from unorthodoxracing.com which is company doing pulleys over seas, and he bought it for his 300ZX TT, and it is aluminium, so I am not to sure which to go for!!!!

Corey

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Hey Corey... so you're keen on the group buy? I guess price may be the deciding issue. If Battens don't get back to me re discount we may have to go with the A1 product if they're gonna knock $50 off for buying 2 of em!

Anyone used the A1 product?

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
ok here is the reply... Corey, could you check your crank pulley and see if they would be compatible. If you want we can get together and swap our pullies over to make sure. I've asked if he'd match the discount offered by A1 Performance ie 10%

The AU setup is a bit different wherby the harmonic balancer pulley is apart of the harmonic balancer and cannot be removed individually, the AU engine is what is found in U.S. explorer. The American never made underdrives for this modle because the volume demand was not enough.

However, maybe check to see if the AU crank pulley is the same as EB to EL just in case I am wrong.

2 or more pulley sets would warrant some sort of discount in multiples. e.g. 5% for two 10% for 4 etc

Regards,

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Lamah, what do you drive? E series or AU?
If it's an AU I guess you'd need to just check that an Eseries crank pulley will just bolt on. I'll wait for you and Corey to get back to me and then depending on what Barrys comes back to me with, we may go with Battens... the 4 of us would mean we'd get the 10% for sure, maybe even more ;)

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I think I remember something about the harmonic balancers now, I will check when I get home tonight!

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I will also have to check the SVO kit to see if it will fit if this one doesn't

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How would we pay for these if we get a group buy?I was speaking to battens about these a few weeks ago.I have an elxr8 if that helps

Nathan

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
They can probably send COD via Australia Post where you pay when you pick up from the post office?

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
^^^ What Pigdog said^^^
I think I remember "Ig" saying they can send COD with the group purchase.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
I'm an EL XR8 as well (go the EL !)
Ah well, might as well count myself in I guess. I might see if I can get him to send me a aftermarket TFI module at the same time . . .

They might be happy with each of us giving them a call and doing over the phone CC individually as well . . . :shrug: Doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day-its all money :)

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Ok, yeah they'll do credit over the phone iirc but I'd be happier with COD. I'm sure we can specify different postage locations and still get the group buy. So the Battens kit seems to be the more populare huh?

XR8 Lamah, I wonder if they'll knock off even more with the TFI ;)

EDIT: Any news with the AU crank Corey?

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Well, if it's gonna be cheaper, i'm sure I could grab a set.

61 - 80 of 312 Posts