Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Ford Fan from way back...
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, check this out,

I was driving up Mt Glorious in Qld (brissy people will tell you, very steep and very curvy)
2 cops come running out like starsky and hutch and pulled me over,
"Do you know why I pulled you over?" No I replied, "your tyres crossed the double white lines on that corner"
Can you frikin believe that, Oh BTW this is an area where you can see for about 300+ metres on a thin snake like road,

$135 and 3points, What a frikin money making scam, how does that help serve the public, that is simply a scam

I am the first to admit when I have done something wrong and havent had a ticket for like 7 or 8 years but to get one for my wheels crossing a double white line on a corner with the road clear. Crap

To those two cops, kiss my ar5e,

Its a big wheel and it will come around.

Anyone know who I can complain to, I cant fight the fine as I was clearly in the wrong, but really, to pull me over for that
Zak

·
well hung
801 Posts
That sux man but what can you do, just cop it sweet...

By the way if you were going for your driver’s license and did that, you would have automatically failed.

·
But wait ... theres MORE!
442 Posts
Ummm , if you do write a complaint youd better be prepared to think about the amount of amusement your going to give someone who sits there and reads it..........

I mean ...... the cops pulled me over and booked me cause I did the wrong thing man and its so unfair.

(Sorry nothing personal I have just had complaints like that before!)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think its the most rediculous thing you couldnt possible be pulled over for... Clear stretch of road, and you crossed the double whites.... give me a break...

Did you get there names?

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Afraid there is nothing you can do but hand over the cash. You have been "Revenued"!

Thats what happens when Labor get in power, they spend all the money and need stealth taxes!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
I know the road. It's bloody hard NOT to cross the line in places, esp if you're towing something. Where were they parked? There's bugger all room to accommodate people on the side of the road.

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
To those two cops, kiss my ar5e,
I agree 100%. They did say they would target us though (you know, us young louts who are always the cause of anything statistical) :fraz:

I dont think theres much you can do mate, probably have to cop it sweet... as petty as it is.

cheers,
matt

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Make a formal complaint via the Police Complaints office, definetly help if you have badge numbers or names.

Write out a letter detailing some form of mitigation and make reference to your excellent driving history, my father was pinned for turning through a red lighted intersection(in his 60 seat bus)he wrote a letter to the police complaints and they revoked the fine. He hasn't had a speeding fine or any offence in 31 years of driving cars and buses in Aus. He explained the fact that an oncoming car had run the yellow leaving him stuck in the middle of the intersection and with no choice but to turn though after the car had passed or completely block the intersection.

Perhaps your defence could be that you simply sneezed and for the moment your eyes where closed your crossed the line. You could also suggest that there was some form of debris on the road which you drove around to avoid damage to your car.

Fight it....you definetly have grounds, even if you pay the fine and keep your points it's worth it, a well written letter will se complete exoneration I would say, just use a good excuse..

Regards

Daniel

·
Drives like a Grandad
112 Posts
fordfan351 - Pardon my abruptness, but your advice, of which you are entitled to voice, annoys the hell out me.

'Make a formal complaint via the Police Complaints office...'
Fight it....you definetly have grounds
Perhaps your defence could be...

Zakk has been man enough to tell us of his guilt. Zakk is voicing his annoyance at what appears to be a revenue raising exercise; but at least has the dignity to be honest about what he has done. No argument from me, sounds like the cops are out there doing their thing and stuck him for an offence on a road in the middle of nowhere.

But what gets on my nerves is blokes like you who jump up and offer bullshit advice. Make a complaint to the Complaints Office. Manufacture a bullshit defence. Get a freakin life fordfan351!

Where do you work? I might just come on in there one day a make a false complaint against you to your boss. Manufacture some bullshit reason about you and how you didn't do the right thing. Get my point?

The cops are doing what they are required to do. Maybe they have had some weasle like you complaining to the Minister for Police that that section of the road is dangerous because everyone crosses the double centre lines. That generates a Ministerial file requiring police to go and stand there writing tickets out.

I'll bet if you, or one of your friends or relatives, were cleaned up by someone crossing the double centre lines you would be all up in arms about the police not enforcing that particular law. You'd be full of advice to the police about that offender should be charged. If the police told you that they weren't proceeding because of some bullshit excuse by the driver you'd be straight down to the C.M.C. crying your eyes out about how slack the police are. I'll stop now before I get too fired up.

Get a life. Stop giving people bullshit advice and telling them to lie about what happened. On second thoughts, don't tell me where you work because whatever it is you do is obviously based on unethical procedures and is to be avoided at all costs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well Zakk I'm afraid I have no sympathy for you at all, you do the wrong thing then expect to get shafted, at least you got the balls to admit you stuffed up. As for fordfan351, you, my friend are a dead set looser. What sort of idiot makes up a bullshit excuse, and then tries to make a complaint with it?

This is exactly the reason why 99% of Police record all their conversations with members of the public. I'd like to see the end result of your bullshit advise when Zakk gets screwed over because it comes to light that his recorded answers on the side of the road are completley different to his new and improved excuse.

And good for you greg, at last someone realises that most POlice could give a shit how many tickets are written, If some copper has to go patrol a particular area because granny may makes a complaint about speeding motorists, noisy cars, or martians landing on mount glorious then thats their job, If someone happens to screw up during that patrol then too bad so sad, shit happens, etc etc. Take your fine and get on with life. EVeryones got there job to do, and like greg said, I'll stop now and squeeze my stress ball

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Yeah bad luck zakk I warning would have been nice, but if we cross double lines we are all in the wrong which you have acknowledged, so it would be hard to put in a complaint about something that we all know we aren't allowed to do. Even if you didn’t mean to.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
765 Posts
An honest mistake which could have cost someone their life, although I do feel a warning would have been far more appropriate. What exactly is a fine and 3 demerit points going to achive? The only thing it has done is make your more spiteful towards police. That will not make you a better driver.

I would appeal this fine if what you say is true regarding your driving record. It is a ludacris fine and a clean driving record will go a long way in court. I wonder if the people who say you should cop it sweet have ever been given a fine they disagreed with.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
I feel that there is enough scope to comment on this issue without fruitless statements like "get a life". Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
Sorry mate but what you did is still basically breaking the law.

It may be a bum deal but you certianly were not unfairly treated as you claim.
pay your fine.
To be honest I'm happy that the officers were out there doing there job rather than just sitting behind a laser gun.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
!Gn|T|0n said:
I feel that there is enough scope to comment on this issue without fruitless statements like "get a life". Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.
Not if there opinion suggests someone do something illegal.

Nothing against you fordfan351 I know your really a CHAMP!

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Now that is very lucky - most people over the weekend would have copped 6 points for the same thing.

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
i sit back and watch how some people jump down the throat of others just for giving their advice.....no one is forcing anyone to take it. i think some people just enjoy having arguments where theres no face to face contact. Or haven't 'got a life' and just LOVE to type all day.

Zakk, i'd like to know how long your wheels crossed the lines for. Jack S#@t i'd say, usual cops, nothing better to do, it's fun to hassle people.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
its one of those minor offences that most people get warnings for or just left alone. annoying when ya actually get pinned.

but maybe the cop had seen a horiffic car accident the night before and was just pissed off in general at drivers who cut corners in their driving habits.

who knows, but zack mate you'll jsut have to cop it on the chin and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts