Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Box Maker
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here that applied for a uni course found out their offers??
I got into Engineering at Monash, wondering if anyone on here has actually completed this course? If so, what was it like and what did you major in?
Cheers Fil

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Congrats on the placing mate. I finalised my going back to uni for MIT at Monash. Which campus you at??

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Well after my brief (and unsuccessful) stint at Swinburne here in Melbourne doing Information Systems, and then my plan to attempt an apprenticeship in mechanics falling through because no-one would take me...I did actually get an offer for uni.

It was the only course I actually put in my preferences (stupid I know...but my mind was clouded by the thought of working with cars) and I got an early offer for it so I am rapt.

The course is at LaTrobe uni in Bundoora (next suburb! Woohoo! not in Hawthorn an hour away by train) and it is Bachelor of Business (Sport and Leisure Management). Hopefully this one will live up to my expectations and I will love it. Reading all of the material for it, it looks like a great course, so I'm not complaining.

Good on you for getting an offer Rakija!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
umm out of intrest Hawk, why did no one take you? I'm in the throws of applying for apprenticeships right now.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
I'm a 1st year diesel mechanic apprentice. personally i went diesel because its more interesting working on a big kenworth than on a suzuki hatch :). better pay and opportunities too (go to roxby downs and you can rake it in). apprentice pay is pretty shit though.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Rakija said:
Im at the clayton campus.
ah ok cool yeah I am at caulfield...

Congrats Shawn on your offer :hy: . Best of luck with it.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
psycho chicken said:
umm out of intrest Hawk, why did no one take you? I'm in the throws of applying for apprenticeships right now.
Because I haven't done anything in that sort of vicinity before...my work experience, and work placements are all office/retail sort of stuff...so most thought I would have a bit of trouble adapting.

If I had done the pre-apprenticeship I would have definately been more employable though.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Hmmmmm hopefully I get in this year, if not it's off to TAFE and decend paying full time work for a year. Joy.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
I done BSc Biological science last year. Didnt like it at all, and spent nearly as much time a the uni pub as i did in lectures, etc.

One good thing was the camp we went on :beer: except for when i missed the bus and had to drive 3hrs to get there :doh:

This year Im doing B of Buisness. But Cant decide on a major, either economics, marketing, or accounting... At ECU btw :)

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
I'm off to Deakin in Burwood to do a Bachelor of Multimedia Technology (Computing). This is after I found out that Software Engineering wasn't for me! Hopefully it's what I am after this time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts