Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for looking guys.

Just reset my ford record again

This car is awesome, or should I say these motors are awesome.

11.763 @ 116.18 mph from an unopened motor WOW.

The car in the past has been run complete minus hard cover and spare (1820 kg + driver) with a best of 12.23, this time exhaust was dropped, tailgate taken off etc and some lighter wheels etc, the sort of stuff you can do if you had a spare couple of hours. This was done to see how far it could be pushed and with a goal of being the first unopened Boss 11, and it was achieved with some great advice and tuning.

The goal of racing my pursuit was to see what a true street car is capable of so my buisness could offer the same results for my customers in the south east suburbs. I wanted to R&D my own car and try not to break things, I did not want to go down the route of R&D'ing a customers car and have something break.

Although all the hard work (physical) was done by me (Pit Lane Performance) I have had a helping hand and advice and dyno useage from Chris at Blue Power and **** and Frank from APS Frankston.

The car has had a total of 49 passes, 44 passes in the 12's, 1 pass in at a 20 (aborted run) and now 4 passes in the 11's.

The car was taken out last night to with the intention to crack an 11, and to be honest I would have been happy with a 11.99 and then maybe the same to back it up.

The first run it did a 11.939 @115.07 1.757 60'
second run 11.882 @ 115.54 1.757 60'
third run 11.763 @ 116.18 1.669 60'
fourth run 11.817 @ 115.60 1.700 60'

The car has been taken out 5 times and each time has come home with a new or a lower record (and a trophy from the LS1 nationals)

The car is now the quickest unopened Boss
the fastest unopened Boss
the quickest naturally aspirated Boss
the fastest naturally aspirated Boss

Once again thanks to Chris, **** and Frank and any well wishers from the forums and the track.

Thanks
**** :driver:

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Boss 290, it has extractors and hi flow cats and a modified X force exhaust system.

It has a Bluepower cold air intake with an 80mm ss throttle body, powerbond under drives, 3500 hi stall convertor, 4.1 diff and a bluepower custom tune.

To be fair, the 11.7 was run with slicks and light weight wheels, no exhaust and I removed some weight from the car.

It has run 12.23 with complete street trim, just minus hard cover and spare wheel on MT street radials

·
Conan
124 Posts
Sensational. Now we need a couple of sedans running into the 11s to show the ls1 brigade a thing or two.

·
Registered
236 Posts
ratter said:
It's a Boss 290, it has extractors and hi flow cats and a modified X force exhaust system.

It has a Bluepower cold air intake with an 80mm ss throttle body, powerbond under drives, 3500 hi stall convertor, 4.1 diff and a bluepower custom tune.

To be fair, the 11.7 was run with slicks and light weight wheels, no exhaust and I removed some weight from the car.

It has run 12.23 with complete street trim, just minus hard cover and spare wheel on MT street radials
mate just give me a ballpark figure on how much these mods would cost an average joe if i were to do all the street mods, and have a ba 6speed manual gtp running in the 12's?

cheers :)

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To run 12's would not be to hard, but the rear CV's are a weak point and shows worse in manuals trying to get good launches.

Different combinations will result in different tiimes and with a manual, the driver can make a huge difference.

Blue Power cold air box $600
80mm throttle body $700-800
Under drive pulleys $400
Extractors $900
HiFlow cats $600
Exhaust system $700-1200
Custom tune $1500
Thermostat $20

these prices are just guess's and labour would have to be added, but should be able to get 12's if you can get the car to launch, a diff ratio change would also help to get the times down but would probably add another $1500

1 - 6 of 6 Posts