Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stupid lamas!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g day guys i have trid a search and couldnt find what i was looking for

note im not having a go at all and just have a mate who needs to know the answer to this question.

i have heard that the early BAs didnt have the engine bays painted

i was just wondering what colour it was?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I know that all BA's didn't have the engine bays painted by that i mean they weren't painted gloss in the engine bays,the Blueprint for example had a matt black engine bay paint which looks pretty ordinary in the XR and GT's,however i was fortunate to have mine done in the gloss thanks to some contact in the Ford circle.But from what iv'e heard all XR's and GT's will have their engine bays painted with gloss from now on.
Cheers John

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yep heard the same thing John. Bugger all XR's were treated to painted engine bays, but after more than a few disgruntled owners complained, there was a resolution of sorts to do it for the XR range (as far as I know!)

Any recent XR purchasers care to comment?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My XR8 I picked up 3 weeks ago has a painted engine bay. Has been that way for XR's and FPV's for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
All engine bays get painted the same as the outside.

Gone are the days when paint costs got trimmed from this area... there is no reason to leave an engine bay unpainted/coated in any way.

Get your friend very strong glasses... how 'bout magnifying glasses.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
jonk said:

Gone are the days when paint costs got trimmed from this area... there is no reason to leave an engine bay unpainted/coated in any way.

Thats not true. My first XR8 in Blueprint had a black painted engine bay and nearly all XR's and FPV's were the same up until about 2-3 months ago as a running change. Other models in the range still get black painted engine bays. Believe me, Ford still cut costs in these areas, I know cause I work there. Even the fuel filler flap on my first XR8 was painted black. If Ford can save one cent of the cost of a new car they will do it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
bossxr8 said:
jonk said:

Thats not true. My first Blueprint had a black painted engine bay and nearly all XR's and FPV's were the same up until about 2-3 months ago as a running change. Other models in the range still get black painted engine bays. Believe me, Ford still cut costs in these areas, I know cause I work there. Even the fuel filler flap on my first XR8 was painted black. If Ford can save one cent of the cost of a new car they will do it.
Then me being absolutely smart arsed would say how would Ford defend a court case with them depending on their cars being a having/similar treatment to all its other cars it makes and still claim it's warranty is completely applicable.

You see Bossxr8, it's ok for Ford to do this but until this is tested in an open court of law and they prove that their different paint treatment is actually similar to the real thing they 'might' get away with it! See what I mean?

Cars that are special tend to get put off onto other lines that miss the normal treatment so to speak, but to us, it's portrayed as normal happenings. Hot turbo's, special v8's blah blah blah, but when the company' is in trouble it takes the big short cuts and it shows!

I'm having a go at Ford but with good reason... the black paint is realistically not meant to be there because modern cars get it everywhere(paint), and how long is Ford's paint warranty for anyway.

Badger the bastards at Ford, let them know their cars stink without the full treatment. Black paint only resides in my car if I ordered black or the panel beaters said it was cheaper to fix after the accident.

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
The engine bay is still painted jonk, its just painted black instead of the the gloss color of the rest of the car. Black paint works just as well as any other paint.

Makes no difference to the warrantly/operation/longevity of the car at all. The only thing it affects is the look of the engine bay.

So can you tell me where the court case to answer is?

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
My AU is black uner the bonnet I actually dont mind it. Easier to touch up if i scratch anything. Galaxy Blue would be nasty too look after in the engine bay. But then again if it come out painted I would definatly not complain. Sorry I know we are talking about the BA here but I thought I would also throw in my boring 2 cents worth.

·
Stupid lamas!!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well if i payed up to 60k for my car of my dreams i would expect the engine bay to be painted the same colour as the car

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
This has been going around the threads for a while, and there is no shaw thing, some are painted sum arn't. Mt venom T3 is painted yet a friends blueprint isn't,
It beats me, I dont know It might be a color thing. Only some colors got painted and some didn't.......

·
Registered
323 Posts
Now think about this, if Ford dosent paint the engine bay then they are going to save time and paint rite. Well thats the way that they probably see it any way. It's an idea but its now good for the customer!

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I have a Black AUII XR8 and it is painted black and my brother has the same in Venom and his engine bay is painted an off red ( from memory)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yes while they may be painted they are dull because they lack the gloss coating which finish's them off in looks.
Cheers John

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
my silver xt has silver engine bay..just not as shiny..no clear coat or whatever

1 - 19 of 19 Posts