Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys fullboost just updated with Dave's XF at Calder, it says:

Dave's 'MR250' Falcon XF 250ci turbo was suffering from a slipping clutch, but still managed to run a best pass of 11.82 at 113mph.

Here are some pics

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DansEdgli said:
How much boost was he running this time?
That's a question for xf6250 to answer

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
good question, i think he was running 15 or 20 not too sure
looked real good out there on fri, looked strong of the start line and the rest of the way.

·
Was XLS, now XR8 UTE!!
313 Posts
thats an AWESOME car dude!

i would be too scared to drive that with an engine bay like that! too afraid of getting it dirty!

top stuff mate!

Tez

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Would have been better if he left the front on - I hate it when people do that, street car is street car - you run in street trim not half pulled apart, engineer properly to run with everything on for christs sake.
Headlight out fair enough, but not half the front of the car.

I have finished ranting now thankyou for your patience.

Bloody quick and great engine bay though.

Jason

·
Road Warrior
489 Posts
It is all about running the fastest time.

What about when cars run slicks.
They are not street tyres.

Enough of my ranting, it is still an unbelievable car that anyone of us would love to own.

Cheers

J.R.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
that looks kind of scary but at the same time a piece of shit having half the front missing different rims and all but i suppose it might just be cause i have seen it all in one piece in show condition and all but that isn't a bad time how much better could he have gone with out a slipping clutch and haw much more psi can he pump out

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
Dellboy999 said:
Would have been better if he left the front on - I hate it when people do that, street car is street car - you run in street trim not half pulled apart, engineer properly to run with everything on for christs sake.
Headlight out fair enough, but not half the front of the car.

I have finished ranting now thankyou for your patience.

Bloody quick and great engine bay though.

Jason
The bar was off because it was getting painted, other wise it would of been left on

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
NASTY! :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :wnc: :wnc: :wnc:

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
i don't know guys i think it might be time for dave to put an auto in now he has had some fun with the manual but now i think he should show us those 9 second runs

also how much faster could he have run without the slipping clutch

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
xf6250 said:
The bar was off because it was getting painted, other wise it would of been left on
Oh i see, well fair enough, sorry about then, I just hate it when people strip the car apart for the sake of 1/10ths of a secons, then stick it back together and run around saying see how fast it is, when it street trim it aint.

·
XA Coupe owner.
42 Posts
Maximus said:
It is all about running the fastest time.

What about when cars run slicks.
They are not street tyres.

Enough of my ranting, it is still an unbelievable car that anyone of us would love to own.

Cheers

J.R.
Not all slicks are strictly strip use.......some tyres like "M/T ET Street" are D.O.T approved and can be driven on the street.
---------------------------------------------------

Nice XF....not a big fan on their shape or engines, but that one is pretty bloody good.

Hopefully you can give us an update on your times when you fix that clutch slip problem.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
its one sweet looking machine, and it performs far beyond what i'd ever hope to own :p

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
more fun with a manual, thats y he is leaving it manual, if it was auto it prob could of run a 11.30

1 - 20 of 21 Posts