Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is at Tickford now, so time to hassle Qantas and Hertz again with a trip down on Wednesday to see the baby in the metal for the first time :cool:.

Expect photos to show some of you how Tickford does their thing on these cars! It is VERY interesting and will whet your appetites for October.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
we have to get to dominelli as well.:p
WTF you talking about Doc?? Sorry.. dumb hat's on again.. :rolleyes:

T

·
0 Posts
Sorry Chuck, Pete spotted a XR8 done up like a shell series car at dominelli ford in west/syd. If I have time I want to go and see it with Pete. (STREET LEGAL I MIGHT ADD).

T

·
0 Posts
I intend to mate. aint gunna miss this for the world. hope they allow photo's:rolleyes:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now if someone can help me out with going through the CONFUSING process of buying a camera, I'd take the photos for you. I was after a combined video/still digital camera which has good optical zoom etc. All I got was more and more confused....

I gave up! Maybe some of you have input on these things (budget is $3k)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'm looking at getting one too.. you should be able to pick up a good one for around $1200 - $1500k that will do mpeg movies for ya. Any local Kodak photo place should have some good deals. I think they're up to 2 or 3.1 mega pixel (or something) now.. :D

If you buy one with a card make sure you get the software with the camera. Otherwise your camera is useless.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
You can get a quite good still digital camera for about $1200 now mate. I've got my eye on the Kodak DC-4800, nice little unit with some great features. Most importantly it is 3 megapixel resolution, which is a must in my books. Anyhow, check it out at estore : http://www.estore.com.au/browse/details.asp?ProdID=38844

Can't comment on digital video cams, although I do want one! :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have the digital cameras here at work too. owever they are limted to no more than 60secs of video. I was after a video camera that can do stills (if you get my drift). Forgot to mention gyro so I can stick the camera in the car and go hot rodding on video (he. he, he)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
That's the kind I was talking about.. we've got 'em here too. I really need one for my own work though.. hmmm duty free shopping in September.. hehe.. :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford Man said:
That's the kind I was talking about.. we've got 'em here too. I really need one for my own work though.. hmmm duty free shopping in September.. hehe.. :D
Duty free isn't all it's made out to be! Try negotiating a cash deal and you'll see duty free isn't worth the hassles.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DOH;
got it wrong the other day - car arrived at Tickford today (Tuesday 26th). Hopefully they're going to be working on it tomorrow....... when Aussie Pete attacks!!!!!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
What time you comming in, as i'd love to get my digital camera down to the factory and take some snaps which I then can post 4 ya

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
laminge said:
What time you comming in, as i'd love to get my digital camera down to the factory and take some snaps which I then can post 4 ya
I'll be at Glenbarry Rd at 11am wed 26th.
Tony has a new digital camera so he's going to follow my car through the entire build and send me the pics. Good edumication for FF guys that haven't been to TVE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts