Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - this is the deal so far.

WE NEED TO KEEP THIS THREAD ON THE TOPIC SO IT DOESN"T BLOW INTO THREE PAGES AGAIN!

Monday of Long Weekend is 1st October. So, I gather we're talking about Wednesday the 3rd through to Friday the 5th. The stayers can go on the piss after that. Best plan is to be in VIC for first venue on the Wednesday morning. So, ideally we would all drive down on Tuesday the 2nd October.

Let's say this is a good plan, so does anyone have any problems if we start planning for these dates
:?:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah Pete,

I've been doing abit of calander planning and looks like the week of October 1st is two weeks into the spring semester of uni. As long as no test or exams it should be cool. So if we leave on the tuesday we should get the people who live within reason distance from sydney to meet up and drive down together, i guess it's just a matter of whats the best place.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
That's perfect for me.. I'll be back in the country on the 1st October and I get into Melb. Be staying with the outlaws anyway. (they live 5 mins from Broady & Tickford!!) Book me in guys... :D

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
Did anyone on here go on the 75th Anniversarry Run that Ford organised.
Spread the driving out over 2 days (from Newcastle) made for a lot more comfortable drive down
Shouldn't be too difficult to do Sydney- Canberra on Monday, Then Canberra - Melbourne on the Tuesday. would make it simpler to pick up others on the way thru..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Any thoughts on what day we'll all head home?... I'll have to hit the highway on the Sunday to get back to work. I would've liked to do the drive down with you guys, but it looks like I have to wait for the home run... :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Sounds ok to split the journey into 2 days, i guess it's up to everybody else.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys - we're getting sode tracked again. Like I said, we can make plans on how to get there etc later. What we need to do now is set the dates for being THERE. That way we can plan with FDC on organising access and an itinerary.

As far as going there and coming back, it's best left until later on. So, from this point on can we please stick to the dates mentioned above. Yes or No?

Once we have confirmed these dates, I can work with FDC and we will eventually compile a 'newsletter'. That's when accommodation etc can be booked.

If we are really lucky, why not get Geoff P. to drop in and see us for a morning tea or something? He is a genuine guy and I would very much like to meet him.

SO REMEMBER - DATES ABOVE - YES OR NO?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Righto the dates sound ok to me, count me in.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I should see you all when you get down here...

How about some racing (Karts) while you guys are down here:?:, there's a pretty good circuit off the Hume HWY near FORD with decent karts.

Would be great fun if had a big group..

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Just an update from my end. Things aren't looking so great for a tour through the Broadmeadows plant while you are down here. I have spoken to a few people and we are looking for ways around the problem for you. I will be getting together with some Ford people next week to discuss other options and incentives for you.
The rest of the planned trip to Tickford, Geelong plant and of course the Discovery Centre are still ok.

:cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I was going to say that those dates may be a problem for ford because of the SMS, but I see Discovery has things in hand. I hope to be going to the Sydney show so if the dates proposed are around the same time as the show count me in! A week either way and I am out:(

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Sydney Motorshow is on from October 12 to 21. I think we've picked a good week to jag a tour!!... :wink2: :thumbup:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
The tour of the Broadmeadows plant is a must :)
Thats something ive been dieing to see for ages.

Maybe we should change to date to suit a day when the tour of Broadmeadows can be done?

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Jaytyn, the problem is that if the group from Ford and I can't find alternatives for you guys, there are no public tours until mid to late 2002. :(

Being "True Blue" fans like yourselves, along with the fact you are coming from such a distance is in your favour. In the meeting I am having with the Ford people we will be discussing many options, some of them might even be better than a trip through the plant. The Discovery Centre has a video which shows you exactly what goes on in the build process anyway.

What I really need is a more definite figure on how many are coming along. I quoted around 15-20 in my last conversation with the 'powers that be', is this a pretty accurate figure? Is anyone planning on bringing friends/wives/relatives along? I need a better idea of numbers prior to Thursday 9am.

If you are a definite, could you email me at [email protected] telling me how many will be in your car. This will make things much easier. Oh yes... any statements which show just how much you want to come, or how committed to the brand you are will only be in your favour. ;)

Please don't read this post as a definite no to the tour of the production line, it still might get the green light but there may be restrictions. I'll let you all know as soon as I know any more.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
16 Participants
Mr Sparkle
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing