Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EA Fairmont Ghia, I pulled out the dash to fix some of the flaps etc on the and that on the aircon side of things, I put everything back as it was, reconnected the battery, sat that way for a few days actually, then started it today, it started no problem, but then everytime I got the speed up to 5k's or more the trip computer would beep (forward or reverse) I was only in the driveway, so I thought OK, and checked everything, noticed the brake lights didnt come on, so I pulled the switch found nothing wrong, well now the brake lights work, but the brake fail light on the dash will not go off when I try to start the car, and it stops the car from starting, any suggesytions welcome, I have traced as much as I can think of, and no luck, HELP !!!! :AAHHH:

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Super Moderator
3,736 Posts
Check the wiring harness plugs behind the instrumrnt panel and on the steering column are fully plugged in. I would suspect the one for the instrument panel is only half in.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I double checked all connections all are ok, even pulled them apart and put them back, NO good.

If I pull the wire off the master cylinder switch the light does not come on, but the car will still not start, the switch has 12volts in and out of it, so am I on the wrong track here or any other ideas.

Jason

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLVED !!!!

After pulling the wiring loom out of the dash, and then plugging it into the car, i found a kill switch wire had come out of its socket (installed by previous owner), so thats what stopped the car starting, and the beeping was the handbrake being ever so slightly on, couldnt see a light in the dash, but it now works fine as well.

So took the car for a run and all is ok now ..... THANK GOD ....... otherwise my wife was already to sell it as spare parts ...

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts