Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

rossi (on ff) is selling a V8 Radiator and mine is fuct. (split,not repairable)

I assume it will fit, but wot about hoses etc....

if anyone has any info that would b great!!!

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Yeah should fit no problems, they are basically the same radiator with the V8 one cooling a bit better from memory.

·
Found On Rubbish Dumps
146 Posts
Yeah it should fit mate. I actually bought a brand new one last week for my EB XR8 and it cost me $210, when I said I thought that was cheap he said the six and eight radiators are exactly the same from 1988 onwards. Thats why theyre cheap. So if ur thinking of paying anywhere near $210 for a second-hand one that'll probably need cleaning out forget it I reckon.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went into ford first thing today, and they want 400 for a new V8 radiator, and 436 for a 6cyl

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hows this, rollin rang up ford, and got a price, shitloads cheaper than wot i got, and they wanker there said that the V8 wouldnt fit, yet the guy i spoke to today said it would, and i actually believe him cuz he had an EB V8

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Well with ford the general motto is: If we don't need to change it why should we. If all they had to do was to add more fins to the thing to get extra cooling capacity why change the rest :)

Wayne has an EL V8 radiator in his NC
My friend ran a V8 radiator in his EB race car.

It seems that ford don't know what they preach sometimes. A bit unfortunate.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
It fits...Believe me...Though the six is smaller it needs good cooling for it puts out approx the same power.. Well more per cc....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for your help, i have pretty much got the old one out tonite, except for that bloody hose that goes to the overflow tank. The one that meets half way on the drivers side. god damn gay ford hose clamps.....

i will b fitting a normal one once i get the biatch off. and put my spankers V8 in:D

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
NZ said:
Wdell that's the first V8 part Ive seen thats cheaper than a 6!
Probably because more people buy the I6 part, but I guess you could say that about most parts! It is funny that the RichTax™ doesn't apply in this case.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
OED666, does the hose clamp still have the bit on it they use to tighten them at the factory, you need to rip it off with a pair of pliers or similar to get to the actual hose clamp adjuster.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
NZ is totally right -

i got two brand spankers ED radiators today - one 6cyl and one 8cyl one, and compared them - they are EXACTLY the same, except the V8 one has more 'fins' (the really thin slivers of metal that go from core to core in a zigzag pattern)

and the 8cyl one is cheaper..wtf?

anyway....i got the V8 one for OED666.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts