Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been quite a while since I did this, so I was after updates.

If I was theoretically passing through the USA pronto for a coupla days, namely LA and Washington DC area, what's a good place that would have cylinder heads and manifolds in stock ready to go.

I went to a place in south LA many years back that had a shop you went around with a shopping trolley but I've forgotten the name etc.

Anyone have any input?

(I was going to post in the other forum pages to ask the USA guys, but someone might have recent experience thmselves.)

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Been quite a while since I did this, so I was after updates.

If I was theoretically passing through the USA pronto for a coupla days, namely LA and Washington DC area, what's a good place that would have cylinder heads and manifolds in stock ready to go.

I went to a place in south LA many years back that had a shop you went around with a shopping trolley but I've forgotten the name etc.

Anyone have any input?

(I was going to post in the other forum pages to ask the USA guys, but someone might have recent experience thmselves.)

I used to get stuff from California Mustang in LA but havn't visited the store. PAW (Performance Warehouse) are in CA, but again I don't know about a store.

I'll be in LA myself next week, (hiring a Mustang of course ;) ) i'm supposed to be meeting a Mustang nut there so i'll ask him if he knows of any places.

Kieron

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: USA Parts Sales

Kieron said:
I'll be in LA myself next week, (hiring a Mustang of course ;) ) i'm supposed to be meeting a Mustang nut there so i'll ask him if he knows of any places.

Kieron
Well, that would probably be too late 'cos I'll probably be there next week too.... In the emantime I tried to contact a lsit of Trick Flow agents (from the TrickFlow website). I guess we'll see how we go!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a pointer for some of you.

This guy is way good for pricing! He answered right away and gave prices way below SummitRacing and so on.

www.donsheads.com

Like $920 for TrickFlow alloy heads!

I have the cash, now find me a plane!

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

This guy is way good for pricing! He answered right away and gave prices way below SummitRacing and so on.

www.donsheads.com

What time will you be in LA Pete? i'll now be there on Nov 5th - 8th

Kieron

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

www.donsheads.com

Pete,

If you're going the trickflow heads, make sure the valve train is set up absolutly 100% perfect. Those heads as you know have a rotated valve and if the valve train ain't right say goodbye guides and hello oil consumption....

Jase

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jase_ELXR8 said:
Pete,

If you're going the trickflow heads, make sure the valve train is set up absolutly 100% perfect. Those heads as you know have a rotated valve and if the valve train ain't right say goodbye guides and hello oil consumption....

Jase
Don's Heads set the entire lot up on a dummy block before selling. Herrods have just built a TrickFlow engine so I'm sure they know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts