Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EF's air intake (going from airbox to throttle body) is looking very messy, oil stains and general marks all over it. I'm all set to paint it black using touch up paint I got in a can, but seeing as the intake goes over the rocker cover I'm just wondering if I should use heatproof paint? I dont want to spray it all up then be driving along one day with smoke coming out of the bay cos the paints burning is all!

So, should I use the heatproof stuff on it, or will normal stuff do?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Use a plastic rejuventor (something like armorall). I wouldn't paint the plastic at all (unless you want to change colours).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Im with JC, take it off and give a real good clean and I reckon you might be surprised at how good it comes up.
If you still insist on painting it, you'd have to clean it good anyway as the paint will flake and peel otherwise. You will need to use a plastic primer, and if it is a bendy pipe, be sure to use a heatproof paint that flexes otherwise the paint will crack and split when you bend the pipe to re-fit it.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no worries TIKFD6, gave it a good soak in Armorall today and its come up good as new, no need to paint it. Cheers for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts