Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - here goes:

Mr and Mrs Ford Product Planners,

I know it will hurt your unit profits, but it is about time the 220 got into the ute. I know you are selling heaps of these ute things, however you are showing an incremental loss to Holden and there is only one way to stem the tide (don't wait till it's too late people!!!!)

Secondly, why is it that if someone needs a wagon for the hounds, they have to settle for whitegoods on wheels? I6 auto Forte or at best a 175kW boat anchor V8. PLEASE do an XR8 wagon in AV. Please. Look at Subaru, Volvo, and the SUV thing to see people do not want to buy plain jane wagons.

Sincerely,
Aussie Pete
(stirring up trouble again).

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
In the letters section of the latest Motor mag is a reply that said Tickford could possibly do a wagon but they doubted that HSV would?????????

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
HSV have done wagons before, but they stopped cause they were finding there wasn't much of a market and they're apparently expensive to develop ...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Hobbes said:
HSV have done wagons before, but they stopped cause they were finding there wasn't much of a market and they're apparently expensive to develop ...
HSV past experience with the wagon was stated as the reason as to why a perfomance Holden wagon would be unlikely.

Thing is that if you want 4x4 ability you most likely will be able to get a reasonably serious wagon:eek:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I for one would buy a wagon, I am just sick of sticking the Motor mower, wipper snipper and tools in the boot, and there is no way i am going to get a trailer!

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Also need somewhere to put the subs hehe

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
laminge said:
I for one would buy a wagon, I am just sick of sticking the Motor mower, wipper snipper and tools in the boot, and there is no way i am going to get a trailer!
Just picture you with a trailer. Going down the road with the helpless object that used to have wheels flapping in the wind like a sheet on the line.;)

A wagon would be handy no doubt

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are getting me mixed up. I said Ford. Not Tickford. I understand HSV failed in their wagon thing because the cars were too expensive. I'm talking SS/XR8 level where people can package etc (i.e. under luxury tax threshold).

People are buying 4x4 wagons because it is better for image than buying a refrigerator, laying it on its back, adding wheels ......

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Even at XR8 level you still are talking about Tickford even if it is the short term only. Depending on what Ford do with those new motors the standard wagon would be an easy fix to raise the HP and at a cheaper cost. True it is still a DIY job but in some ways we are all doing that already

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Okay - here goes:

Mr and Mrs Ford Product Planners,

I know it will hurt your unit profits, but it is about time the 220 got into the ute. I know you are selling heaps of these ute things, however you are showing an incremental loss to Holden and there is only one way to stem the tide (don't wait till it's too late people!!!!)

Secondly, why is it that if someone needs a wagon for the hounds, they have to settle for whitegoods on wheels? I6 auto Forte or at best a 175kW boat anchor V8. PLEASE do an XR8 wagon in AV. Please. Look at Subaru, Volvo, and the SUV thing to see people do not want to buy plain jane wagons.

Sincerely,
Aussie Pete
(stirring up trouble again).
Right on the money Scooby Pete, wish people will think like you. Yeah for me although i don't carry mowers, wiper snipers etc like Laminge i do carry a mountain bike, and I reckon we should be given the opportunity to have at least the 200kw donk hooked with a five speed in a wagon. :D :D :D

·
Australian Forte Member
50 Posts
Tickford made XR wagons in ED.They must have stopped for a reason.I owned a wagon once. ONCE is enough.:rolleyes:

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
I don't see why tickford shouldn't do a wagon.

Ok, so wagons aren't big sellers, thats why you make them limited. Say 25 HP V8 5 speed wagons, with som unique styling. Im sure you could sell 25.. Judge reaction from that.

Ive seen a fair few LS1 Wagons. Tradys seem to like em, after all a ute can only fit 2, a wagon can fit 5 and have a some party room in the back.

Interestingly Mitsubishi has a funky wagon comming up, sure they won't be bread and butter earners, but atleast you could low level wagon owners something to dream about..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The XR6 ED and EF Wagons are rarer than the EB and ELGT so it shows you just how popular they were.....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Holden built 1 VT SS wagon when they first released the model. Only a handful of people showed interest so the model was canned. Although you can spec an Exec to SS levels it will cost a lot more then it should AND take nearly 10 months to build, been there done that. A hot Falcon wagon, XR8?, wouldn't be that hard to make as the Fairmont wagon has the V8, Tickford does the suspension already. The hardest part would be the back seat trim! I was looking at buying an XR6 wagon but couldn't find ,or afford, any around about 3-4 months ago. In the last week I've seen 3 or 4 ED and EF XR6 wagons and I swear I saw an EL XR6 wagon. Might buy an AU wagon and put the XR nose on to see what it's like, don't have any image programs to do it.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
The last XR6 wagon was the EF. They were canned because the just don't sell in enough numbers to warrant all the trouble and investment. Sad but true story.. Money talks these days.. :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
FTEfan said:
Holden built 1 VT SS wagon when they first released the model. Only a handful of people showed interest so the model was canned. Although you can spec an Exec to SS levels it will cost a lot more then it should AND take nearly 10 months to build, been there done that. A hot Falcon wagon, XR8?, wouldn't be that hard to make as the Fairmont wagon has the V8, Tickford does the suspension already. The hardest part would be the back seat trim! I was looking at buying an XR6 wagon but couldn't find ,or afford, any around about 3-4 months ago. In the last week I've seen 3 or 4 ED and EF XR6 wagons and I swear I saw an EL XR6 wagon. Might buy an AU wagon and put the XR nose on to see what it's like, don't have any image programs to do it.
I saw a Forte based Wagon with the XR front, and the XR AU series 1 17inch mags, with the same ride height as the XR, and what toped it all it was Black. Must say i stopped to have a look at it and it was Niiiiiice. All it needs was a coloured spoiler like mine and it would have been beaut. Reminded me of the Stagea Skyline Turbo Wagon in Japan.
XR Wagon "I Want One" :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The problem at present is building a nice spec wagon costs lots of money because you get burnt on the options.

Let me put it this way, I bought sedan this time around, however I know I will regret it. I work long hours, and come time off I like to throw the mountain bikes on the roof, the dogs in the back, the luggage on the back seat and off we go.

Try packing two German Shepherds, two bikes, dog stuff, bike stuff, and all the rest in a sedan. I am seriously looking down the barrel of having to build a trailer :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Sounds like you need to become a two car family there Pete. Maybe 2002 might bring a few surprises for you.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
if they did make one should it be IRS or leaf spring?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cobra said:
if they did make one should it be IRS or leaf spring?
Let's put it this way - should a passenger car have leaf springs in the 21st century? Why should wagon buyers be treated to outmoded suspensions?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts