Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
AU4.0 said:
How hard is it, anyone had experience with it?
you will get a lot of people tell you "just get an EB"

but its pretty easy as far as i know. next year ill be doing it to my wagon

the best way is to get a donor car with the V8. in my case that will be a rear ended DL LTD , but anything from EB will do the job.

make sure the EB's K Frame is in perfect condition.

then, just pull everythnig out of the EB and bolt it all up to the EA.

basically just take it for en engineers inspection, go change engine numbers and job done, basically.

theres no chopping or hacking to be done ala V8-into-XF, its all bolt in.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Just remember the EL-AU I6 has roughly the same power output as the 302W motor....
And is cheaper to work up, though it doesn't have as much potential N/A as the 8 does.
Alex

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Can I ask the main reason behind why you'd contemplate this kind of mod?

I'd only be looking at the V8 option if the motor you were putting in was or will be something pretty heavily worked. ALOT more power can be had from the 6 with the same amount you'd be spending on buying, fitting and getting an 8 engineerd, then spending even more money on getting some decent power out of the thing...

The potential of the 6's has been proven by a lot of our own e-series members, and while I don't doubt an 8 can be mad to go ahellofalot quicker and sound alot better, IMHO the cost is not justifyable... but that's me :p

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
You'd pretty much have to have a damaged V8 car and rebuild the EA from ground up. Theres a lot more than just the motor. Fuel lines, braking system, front suspension, K frame, cooling system, wiring, diff, tailshaft - Its all different. It can be done but for the amount of stuffing around not really worth it. Maybe if you were making a drag car or something and putting a 351 in.

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
It is different tho, ill give it that...you dont see many V8 EA's running around.

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
Gt40 heads- SVO?, 5.6 SCAT stroker kit and CAPA supercharge the V8. That would be a EA V8 weapon. As mentioned the DIFF, Tranny, Fuel Lines/ Pump/injectors/radiator/EEC-IV would also need foolin around.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
If you bought an equivalent model wrecked V8 you could just pinch parts from it and there'd be no real drama. Only thing is that its not cheap, you have to buy the wreck, then spend the time swapping all the crap over. Then there is the engineers certificate. But it would make for a good base to work on once you're done. I'd do it, and I want to do it and probably will do it when I have more money and time... To hell with 6es, they suck lol

Alex

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Engineer's cert. in WA is about $300, just to check out the engine mounts etc.

Alex

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Yer, caus I heard karl and wayne are pullin some INSANE quater mile times with their "full, manly V8's" lol

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Much as I hate to admit it, with the EA, your probably better staying with the 6 and working it up (or putting in an AU or something). Too much stress, hassle and cost, and you'll still probably be down on power/performance.

Or talk to gm destroya about a turbo install !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well guys, I6's are no good to me, because I am going to build a 351 EA GT mock up, and to be that it has to be an EA, I have got hold of a 89 manual EA and work will begin soon....

Attachments

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
AU4.0 said:
Well guys, I6's are no good to me, because I am going to build a 351 EA GT mock up, and to be that it has to be an EA, I have got hold of a 89 manual EA and work will begin soon....
Ah well thas a totally different story. Go for it and go hard I say. It would justabout be a first to have a mock up EA GT

1 - 20 of 31 Posts