Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting to see on the show that the points system is going to be looked at at the end of the year. About friggin time too..

Also they're saying that the reverse grid is here to stay due to contracts and that Bathurst will stay in the championship..

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
It was good to see that all the people on the show agreed that the point score system is wrong, also I think the GMC400 is the only round with a reverse grid so I suppose we can handle that.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I thought it was interesting to see how the points rankings would look under the F1 and motoGP systems. Lowndes would have been 3rd and 7th respectively, instead of 10th!

Personally, I think either F1, MotoGP or Cart rankings systems would be miles better than the one we have now.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I think Bathurst should stay in the championship but it should be the first race of the season. Start the season in October, have 4 weeks off at Xmas/new year and then run until July.
The reverse grid contract thing seems to be BS to me. Are they serious about reducing costs or not!. Lets see the teams boycot the reverse grid and see how long it stays a contract issue.

This is just another example of the governing body not listen to
a) the people
b) the drivers
c) the CEO of the car companies that lend their brand of machinery to make this circus go round.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
It was a great show, just wish Skaife would let someone finish what they are saying before he tries to be funny.....:rolleyes:

Never missed a gear......what a wanker:D

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
It was interesting to see Tony Cochrane's reaction when they asked him about letting Toytas into the Shell Series. It seemed to me he could hardly hide his disgust and displeasure. In the various polls I've seen around, (V8 Superstars, conrod.com.au) it seems the majority of the fans are in favour of it, not this little black duck though. :fmad:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I noticed that on the issue of Toymotor/Bitsamissing entering the competition, that no one raised the fact that neither manufacturer has a RWD V8 car in production - especially surprised neither Tony or Mark Larkham mentioned that. Perhaps that is not such a stumbling block for entering the competition, as opposed to feeding millions of $$ into a single team and attempting a series take-over.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
If only we could get this program in NZ:(

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Personally don't like the idea too much of keeping Bathurst as a points round - well not on the current inconsistant points system, and the Pukekohe round should be before it and not last.
In my opinion Bathurst is the big "race" and other events or etc.. shouldn't dilute that.

Thats my $6.85 opinion.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
J-type said:
Personally don't like the idea too much of keeping Bathurst as a points round - well not on the current inconsistant points system, and the Pukekohe round should be before it and not last.
In my opinion Bathurst is the big "race" and other events or etc.. shouldn't dilute that.

Thats my $6.85 opinion.
I agree. Unless they can arange to have the race at a different time in the season, it just doesnt allow the teams to run the best driver teamings or even have a real dip at the race it if the championship is at stake. Nascar have Daytona at the start of their season but it is not a special point round. Bathurst as the first race would fix these problems, but timing is an issue. The traditional date has been lost on me now. A time of the year when there is less chance of rain can't be that bad can it

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looking at the show from the point of view of personalities, it's interesting to see how the different drivers come across. Radisich comes across as intelligent, focussed and quitly determined. Larko comes across as honest, funny and straightford. Skaife comes across as a wanker. He's seems like the sort of guy you'd feel an uncontrollable urge to hit if you met him at a party. Do any of you holden fans actually like skaife, or do you just support him because he is at the pointy end of your factory team.

·
Registered
253 Posts
***************NEWS FLASH***************************
Skaife is and will always be a WANKER!
I can't see either Toyota or Mitsubishi joining the V8's.
1. They don't have a rear wheel drive sedan so therefore they have to modify a front wheel drive. Start modifying a car opens a whole bag of worms regarding parity.
2. They don't have a pushrod V8. If TEGA lets Toyota use their 4.5 OHC V8 then again there will be difficulties in maintaining engine parity.
3. They wouldn't have the resources to have a factory team and privateers therefore the factory team could have a huge budget to take on the Fords/Holdens. A manufacturers championship would kill the series and scare off any privateers.
4. There is not enough corporate dollars to go around now so what would happen if two or more teams jump in.

Another thing that is happening now is with the expansion of the teams in the current series it is getting harder to find good drivers to fill in for the enduros. If you don't lock in your co-drivers early in the year the only option you have are inexperienced overseas or young local drivers. I'm all for bring on new talent but when you have a championship to win you want the best driver available not the only driver available.

·
Registered
170 Posts
XLR8 said:
It was a great show, just wish Skaife would let someone finish what they are saying before he tries to be funny.....:rolleyes:

Never missed a gear......what a wanker:D
And So Say All Of Us

1 - 13 of 13 Posts