Ford Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with a vacuum leak on the V10? I'm considering buying (another) Ex and the owner states it has a vacuum leak and sometimes stalls out when ambient temps are high. Starts and allegedly idles/runs fine otherwise. It is a couple of hours away and I can tackle tracking down a vac leak and repairing, but curious as to what I could expect before I move further with this and drive up there and tow it home, etc. It has also been mostly sitting for the last couple of years because of the vac leak issue and probably has some old gas, which I'll have to siphen out. (Any tips on that besides dropping the tank, etc would be appreciated, too! :) ) I realize this would all be speculative, just curious as to anyone's personal experience if they've had vac leaks and what might be common. I've owned a 2000 V10 Ex for 18 years without any vacuum issue and currently have an 02 V10 Ex for the last 2 years without issue so wondering if anyone else has dealt with this themselves and/or has any insight. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts