Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my roommate was driving my car he did something when he tried to start the car my neautral safty switch acts up here and there and he turned the key to start a few times and pressed the brake pedal a few times at the same time then switched it to neautral and started the car. after he done all that my cluster wont read anything and all the lights are on and the mileage is a bunch of lines. here is a pic. i unhooked the battery i tried to hook up a scan tool to it and it wont communicate with it and i tried the trick with the cluster to read codes and test the lighys and gauges all worked except the code reader it comes up the code for communication error

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 grand marquis ls with handling package, magnaflow mufflers,dual exhaust, 3.55 rear axle
96 Posts
my roommate was driving my car he did something when he tried to start the car my neautral safty switch acts up here and there and he turned the key to start a few times and pressed the brake pedal a few times at the same time then switched it to neautral and started the car. after he done all that my cluster wont read anything and all the lights are on and the mileage is a bunch of lines. here is a pic. i unhooked the battery i tried to hook up a scan tool to it and it wont communicate with it and i tried the trick with the cluster to read codes and test the lighys and gauges all worked except the code reader it comes up the code for communication error
Will the car still run and drive normally? Any chance he used jumper cables on the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it still runs and is drivable. no he didnt use jumper cables i watched the issue show up. i hear its in limp mode

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Check all the fuses and battery terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,223 Posts
You don't say what year , but could check this and see if it applies ,

" I have a 2011 crown vic and it was doing the same thing. I called the main garage that works on all the police cars in the area I live and ask them if they had run across this problem. They told me they had several and the fix they had found was a loose connection in the drivers side floorboard. They said behind the hood release kick panel was 2 gray plugs with several pin connectors in them. They said to clean them and put some good dielectric grease in them and it fixed most of the cars doing this. I tried this and it fixed mine and it’s been working for over a week now.
13 people found this helpful.

FORD CROWN VIC! JUST FIXED!

Tried tinkering around the trim behind the hood release as mentioned previously. I pressed the connections in but couldn't directly locate the connection described. Went to start the car, and got my IC back. It's most definitely a connection in that general area "

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't say what year , but could check this and see if it applies ,

" I have a 2011 crown vic and it was doing the same thing. I called the main garage that works on all the police cars in the area I live and ask them if they had run across this problem. They told me they had several and the fix they had found was a loose connection in the drivers side floorboard. They said behind the hood release kick panel was 2 gray plugs with several pin connectors in them. They said to clean them and put some good dielectric grease in them and it fixed most of the cars doing this. I tried this and it fixed mine and it’s been working for over a week now.
13 people found this helpful.

FORD CROWN VIC! JUST FIXED!

Tried tinkering around the trim behind the hood release as mentioned previously. I pressed the connections in but couldn't directly locate the connection described. Went to start the car, and got my IC back. It's most definitely a connection in that general area "
no way man i kicked thst pannel and evefything works thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts