Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, my beloved AU has developed an irritating vibration at low speeds, 30-40k's. Anyone ever had such a problem, and no it isnt the wheel balance, definitely something else. I am suspecting exhaust, but it is coming from the front of the car i think, I dont really know what to look for, and you know how it is when you go to a workshopo to point it out, it wont be there!!! Thanx guys, look forward to hearing any suggestions!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just pretty much cruising, and only between 30 & 40 k's! I mean it is only just detectable, probably nuthin major. But the fact it is now there sorta has me puzzled. I did go down to the snow last week, maybe something from the long constant driving?? Dunno.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi
Has you car got irs suspension if it has make sure the rear wheels are balanced correctly but its sound slike your tyres are causing your concern rotate them and see how you goo
good luck

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I dont have irs, but I will try the tyre rotation though, because it seems to be getting worse, and it starting to piss me off!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
hi
rotate the tyres and make sure they are balanced correctly is it a wagon or a sedanohh make sdure all wheels are balanced correctly but reading your first post it sounds like tyre concern let us know thanks

·
Bradley :)
24 Posts
if you dont have any luck with the tyre swapping, ford have had the odd problem with tailshaft balancing , its still under warranty unles its gone over 100,000 k's so get stuck into your local ford dealer and get then to have the tailshaft balanced, if that dont help make them do the hard yards to find the problem , you paid for the car make the most of the warranty ..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for the advice guys. Sounds like a good idea to let Ford worry about it!! It's a sedan anyways, I might add too, that it is an ex cop car, but I have had it for about a year now with no other problems.

P

·
0 Posts
Its strange that both here and in the states there seems to be the same problem.If not rotors as in brakes new dba rotors if it is.Then drive shaft and uni including clamps that hold them on.They don't seem to ballance them too good.Ball joints front end too check.
Lift wheel off ground spin and hold some chalk just off tyre to check for out of round,a few have been replaced with that problem.
Just one more thing look real good at the harmonic ballancer at the front crank shaft pulley esp the rubber between the outside.. ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts