Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If speed cameras are to reduce the road toll ?
Why does Victoria, with the most cameras, have the highest Xmas road toll ???
What will Bracks do ? Put more out there and drivel the same shit about speed cameras reducing the road toll !!!
When are the police and pollies going to learn that speed cameras DON'T REDUCE THE ROAD TOLL ?
This Christmas must surely give them some proof that they don't.
:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

·
Registered
456 Posts
When Bracks starts to improve the shit roads in country Vic. with the millions
from cameras, the deaths may be less ?

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
casrms1450 said:
When are the police and pollies going to learn that speed cameras DON'T REDUCE THE ROAD TOLL ?
This Christmas must surely give them some proof that they don't.
:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:
I'm sure the Police Minister has already prepared his speach if this comes up early next year. He definitly would try and point out the fact that 'cause the camera's have been turned off due to faults, drivers have ignored them and have been speeding as such, resulting in the increase of the Victorian Xmas holiday road toll. Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it, he might have a point.
Remember the crash in Clayton, the white Corolla, a few of days ago that killed 2 people? my cuz was was there and he said the driver was racing another car with a full load in his car, lost it, hit a light pole and well, you saw it on the news I guess, sad really.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
i'm sure deaths will come down soon enough - due to 70% of the population no longer driving!!

that is afterall, what he wants.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
It's all the same old stuff. Labor have no idea about how to run things. They simply spend money on crap, then expect us to all pay for it. They have never heard of "unsustainable taxation". My 6 year old is better at simple logic and maths than the entire Labor Party, local, state and Federal.

As for speed cameras, they dont work. We all know it, including the pollies! They are simply a taxation device to prop up the pathetic excuse for a government in Victoria. The sooner they are ousted the better for all of us. Only problem is that once they are voted out they cannot be held criminally responsible for the complete destruction of the Victorian economy....AGAIN!!!

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Obviously there just are not enough cameras out there yet to make an impact. And giving 3k margins ? At 3k over, your at 1.5 times the risk of an accident (63 V 60).
More cameras - less margins !

The alternative is that all people who have crashes are terrorists trying to subvert the governments rule ? So maybe we should shoot anyone caught speeding, and confiscate all their assets ?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
gotta agree,VIC wont have many more residents if he keeps up the crap with putting more cameras into place,then fixing the pathetic roads,ppl need to stop voting for the idiot and start thinking about their safety.

nsw needs to follow suit.

·
spaced out
648 Posts
When you are paying too much attention to your speedo so you dont get fined, you are not looking at the road as much as you should,

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tripper, agree with you 100%. Put it in perspective, speeding is a verb, implies something done deliberately, 99% of drivers who get caught speeding, aren't speeding deliberately. They are looking out for the cameras and their speed creeps over and FLASH !!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Anyone know the break down of rural vs city deaths?
I have already heard the "cameras are off so people are back to speeding therefore turn them back on quick" argument from some nuff nuff in the Herald Sun. But I would like the stats to point out to the drop kick that the deaths are occuring in rural areas, not city (speed camera) areas. This also can be twisted, but the stats I believe will point to no marked decrease in urban deaths.

·
Registered
49 Posts
XXXR8 said:
I'm sure the Police Minister has already prepared his speach if this comes up early next year. He definitly would try and point out the fact that 'cause the camera's have been turned off due to faults, drivers have ignored them and have been speeding as such, resulting in the increase of the Victorian Xmas holiday road toll. Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it, he might have a point.
Remember the crash in Clayton, the white Corolla, a few of days ago that killed 2 people? my cuz was was there and he said the driver was racing another car with a full load in his car, lost it, hit a light pole and well, you saw it on the news I guess, sad really.
I still think they (cameras) are a waste of money... the best way to make people slow down is to have a visible police force, and when you break the road rules they pull you over and 'hav-a-chat'. every one knows where the cameras are and drive accordinley.
Anyway, thats my thoughts on the subject - Eric

·
Registered
37 Posts
What about double demerits? The two states using double demerits are leading the death tolls :(

Qld knew DDs didn't work, so they axed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts