Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a few videos of my mate from Uni's graduation present to himself. Brand spanking new BA XR8 Ute, Phantom manual.

She's a beatiful car, I can see why people would buy these over and SS/XR6T! What a unique car! Fantastic.

Best thing is this bloke was a Holden man 4 years ago when I met him, his mum bought a VXII SS couple of years ago and he never shut up about how good it was. Guess who's a blue blooded fan now!?! He test drove an SS and recons it was gutless, drove the XR8 and was convinced when he drove out of a corner in 4th gear and the BOSS just pulled effortlessly away.

Holden 0 : Ford 1​

XR8 Accelerating

XR8 in car accelerating

XR8 coming to a stop

·
Registered
911 Posts
And to think when I finished Uni back in 198.. I drove out the driveway behind the wheel of an XW Falcon 500 wagon. My how times have changed..congrats to your friend on getting his degree and an XR8 ute although I hope he doesn't misbehave too much on public roads....watch out you don't identify him too easily as well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats awsome! Like your work! Is that a standard exhaust on it or has it been modified? Now thats what its all about is'nt it!
Thats tops

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the standard exhaust, the car is brand spankers with only 380kms on the clock. Sounds good doesn't it?!

·
EFII Ghia owner
355 Posts
nice ute, i wish i had one of those babies

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
94ED_Fairmont said:
Thats the standard exhaust, the car is brand spankers with only 380kms on the clock. Sounds good doesn't it?!
Thanks for those vids, good to see and hear things from the outside. Congrats to your mate. From the look of things on that street he's been practicing his launches.

Gets better too when nicely loosened up and you've learnt how to really make it sing. The auto sounds great because of the crisp shift, never lazy. Brisk acceleration (and I mean brisk, not flat out) to 100k's and you get the guttural grunt of the engine under 3500revs with smooth shifts. Plant the foot at anything above 20k's and the thing just barks with the fantastic sound of the breathing gear tailing off when you lift the foot. Plant it from a standstill and you get what you see in that vid, a nice long wind up as the engine works hard through the range.

If you can't get your hands on one then make friends with someone who can or just bother dealers until you can get a drive. I haven't driven a sedan but am led to believe that the ute sounds better (in stock form anyway).

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Yes I can confirm the ute sounds alittle better.

Madder, your avatar is spinning me out... :be:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Standard exhaust sounds tops. My ute gets delivered t'morrow to Kloster Ford hopefully.So it should only be 3 or 4 sleeps to Xmas again. Getting really excited now that I've seen the purple monster in action!
Cheers TS50

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
TS 50 said:
Standard exhaust sounds tops. My ute gets delivered t'morrow to Kloster Ford hopefully.So it should only be 3 or 4 sleeps to Xmas again. Getting really excited now that I've seen the purple monster in action!
Cheers TS50
In addition to the TS50?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes I'm a very lucky boy! The ute is my new work ute. The TS50 spoiled me V8 power so the AU XLS 4.0L had to go.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Cant wait till we get the TS and the ute out and see which is the qwickest,Might bring the TE up to so we can give it a run to !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts