Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2001 excursion 7.3 has a minor shake starting and 35mph and goes away around 60mph I just put two new front tires on it because they were cupped and looked like this these tire have never been rotated thinking that would solve it. It does shake a little less aggressive now then it did before but it is still there. I have Noticed now that shake seems to get violet after hitting a large bump and will shake until I come to a complete stop. But when I start to go again it’s back to a normal amount of shake. Also have nitch when braking to a stop that is a clunking that sounds like a loose caliper. I just wanna see if someone might have an idea becore I throw any more money at it thanks!

· Registered
15 Posts
I have 2001 excursion 7.3 has a minor shake starting and 35mph and goes away around 60mph I just put two new front tires on it because they were cupped and looked like this these tire have never been rotated thinking that would solve it. It does shake a little less aggressive now then it did before but it is still there. I have Noticed now that shake seems to get violet after hitting a large bump and will shake until I come to a complete stop. But when I start to go again it’s back to a normal amount of shake. Also have nitch when braking to a stop that is a clunking that sounds like a loose caliper. I just wanna see if someone might have an idea becore I throw any more money at it thanks!
Check the Ball Joints might be worn out and lose. It can't be repaired, it must be replaced. It might also be the suspension mount that attaches to the ball joint assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts