Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last 24 hours I have been having serious PC trouble that is looking like a virus that I have received from a friend via email. There is a strong chance that anyone I have contacted over the 6 weeks may receive something from me with a title Haha. Don't open it and I wouldn't open any email saying it has come from me. Sorry for any inconvenience

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Wouldnt blame you Ian, it appears that email has been doing the rounds for some 4 months now.

I'd be buggered if I can work out who its comming from though but thank god for Nortons Antivirus.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Didn't I get hit hard a couple of weeks ago!!!!!! :thumbdown

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
it is not the email itself it is the attachment.

NEVER open an attachment even if it is from someone you know that has the .vbs extension.

Some people are tricky they will label it cool.jpg.vbs people dont see the vbs part only the cool.jpg and that is where it gets you.

One easy thing to do is this

In your Email client set a RULE up to delete messages with attachments that have a .vbs extension

Or atleast move them over to a seperate folder for further review. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
That or use web based email and do the same as listed above with the messages with attachments so something like outlook doesn't try run it automatically.
Damn Microshaft :fmad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts