Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Finally took ownership of my Vixen GT. Was a bit worried about what the colour would turn out like, but my worries were groundless, Vixen is one awesome colour.

I've also posted a pic of the SS cold air induction my dealer fitted.

As she has only 550 km on the clock will have to wait a little before dyno.

My first impressions of this machine??..........Bloody FANTASTIC!!

Am so glad to have off loaded the Turbo for this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
fantastic :D
that is one classy lookin' machine!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
nice color choice silverhawk but i think i would paint the alloy air deflectors for the cold air induction

regards
rod

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ive not seen that color, is it a brighter red than the old color they had?

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
nice ride - glad to see you went over to a 8

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Congratulations on your new GT,another one hits the road great.
In regards to the alloy air deflectors i agree paint them black,i had mine done and it really blends in you can't notice them.
Cheers John

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys,

Yeah, I will be getting the deflectors painted black ASAP, that was my first impression when I picked the car up.

I had the XR6T 6 months and although it was a good car, one decent test drive of a GT-P had us convinced that this was a far superior car in every aspect (except quick take off) than the T. Have no regrets of unloading the T at all!.

Vixen is more orange than Venom. There is a guy in town who has a Venom GT, will try and get some pics of both cars together so you can se the difference.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
You can see the tinge of Orange in it, compared to Venom,look's good all the same,it would be good to see Vixen next to Venom.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
You can see the tinge of Orange in it, compared to Venom,look's good all the same,it would be good to see Vixen next to Venom.

Definately looks like a tinge of orange in it with that photo! Almost looks like a mix of blood orange and venom... Looks great though dude! enjoy it!

Oh and yeah, why did you upgrade from the turbo

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
dont let mr sparkles see those stripes!!! lol :p i like em tho! u got a nice car there!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
welcome aboard :) Looks fantastic. Once you do over 3,000 kms, it starts to loosen up and so does the smile too.

cam

·
Registered
610 Posts
GTP 200 said:
welcome aboard :) Looks fantastic. Once you do over 3,000 kms, it starts to loosen up and so does the smile too.

cam
Just ask GT 522, he will tell you. Word of advice do 1000k and then teach it what its in for. Drive it how you should. Watch your oil consumption closely, thats important.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Vixen is a top colour Its a lot deaper than venom. My dads got it on his BA XR8 and its really growing on me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GT 522 said:
Just ask GT 522, he will tell you. Word of advice do 1000k and then teach it what its in for. Drive it how you should. Watch your oil consumption closely, thats important.
1000km???????

Geez I was led to believe, 'after 500km drive it like you stole it!!!'

So am I being too adventurous by giving it 'stick' now?? :angel:

Painted the SS induction scoops black......looks heaps better and, it might be me, but it seems to go faster now??? :angel:

Comparisons between the XR6 T and the GT...........no comparison, this car is just..........bloody awesome!! If this is performance now can't wait until she 'loosens up'.

The thing that gets me is the balance of the car, for a big heavy machine it handles so well. Had a test drive of a XR8 when I had the T and did'nt like the XR8 as it was nose heavy and did'nt have the balance the 'T' had.

This car has the balance of the T and just so much torque, unbelievable!! the bloody thing can take off in 3rd!

The only little niggly thing is it's getting a squeal from the brakes.....not using them hard enough??

All in all.........I'm in LOVE!! :hehe:

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Vixon M M M, that thing is bloody lovely congrats mate....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts