Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a couple of shots from the Tickford FPV Owners Club WA Jan 04 Monthly Meeting.

Hope the pics work OK?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Definately more orange to it but it looks good.could'nt open the pic on thumbnails though but get the pic.
Cheers John

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
pretty sure the first on the left is blood orange, second from the left is vixen, third from the left is venom, and the au is venom

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Hafta say that the venom is the best of em all!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first pic is (from L to R):
Blood Orange Vixen, Venom and I gather Hot Chilli.

The 2nd pic (from L to R)
Venom, Vixen, Blood Orange

The 3rd pic (from L to R)
Venom, Vixen and just in frame Blood Orange.

Vixen was available from October 03, replacing Venom.

·
BAII XR6T Driver!
571 Posts
Thanks for those shots Silverhawk. First time I have seen any sort of comparison between Venom and Vixen.

Looks pretty cool that Vixen.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
IMO Venom is alot better than Vixen. Vixen and Blood Orange are too similar for my tastes and I believe the Ford line up needs a vivid & lucious red, and Venom was not too far off. Mind you I'm sure that I feel this way cause I can't stand orange!

·
Registered
674 Posts
What I've noticed is how hard it is to get a true perspective of the Ford reds & oranges in photos (especially digital) Mine looks bright red in some pics, & like a bloody fanta bottle in others! :be: Night time & flouro lighting also bring out a totally different look. :idk: Driving through brightly lit city streets & looking at reflection in windows really highlights this.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Charlie totally agree, there are some digital pics of Vixen that would have the Censorship Board jumping on this forum like a Raptor on a dove!

But 'In The Flesh' Vixen looks GOOD!!

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Guys sorry I love Venom but Vixen now does looks the goods. It doenst really do justice the photos. I personally think its a more darker deeper red in the flesh we have one sitting in the driveway and it looks nothing like the pictures do nothin at all.

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
AU1SIXA said:
Guys sorry I love Venom but Vixen now does looks the goods. It doenst really do justice the photos. I personally think its a more darker deeper red in the flesh we have one sitting in the driveway and it looks nothing like the pictures do nothin at all.
I agree, after seeing that colour in the flesh at the Sydney Motorshow, Vixen actually contains more crimson than Venom. I've had shots of my car taken and it looks blood orange!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I tossed up between the Venom and Vixen when buying mine. I thought the Vixen was a fantastic combination between Blood orange and Venom. The only main reason I went for venom was stock availability.

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
I find it's hard to get a good photo of what the orange on my car looks like. It often turns out either too dark & red or too pale but not often spot on.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Agree. Hopefully at the All Ford days at Albury and/or Geelong there can be a line-up so we can see the different colours in the flesh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts