Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 10psi Vortech V2-SQ kit and I was wondering would this kit be suitable for a stock Windsor? I can't afford to strengthen the engine much if I get the blower so I need it to be reliable on the internally stock 302. The kit will be going on an auto, EL V8.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It should be fine...V2 will flow around 700bhp... As for the compresion LS1's are running 10psi and they have 10 to 1 comp??? I don't think they run a decompresion plate or do they?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do I need to do to run it at lower boost? Do I need a new pulley etc? As I said it is a 10psi kit.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
What injectors are you planning on using ??? EL's had 19 Lp inj std.You will need atleast 30 Lp injectors and using FMU's are asking for trouble...Internals will be o/k its the block thats the weak link...But no more than 6 Lp will possibly be o/k. Just use the correct pulley..An MSD or similar type "spark retard" on boost maybe advisable too...

www.corral.net forums/forcedinduction

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The kit includes suitable injectors. It also comes with a fuel pump, all brackets, clamps and hoses. All I will need to do is bolt it on and tune it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
imo run 10psi and you WILL blow a head gasket!!!make sure the injectors are upto it. do not run fmu or extra injector as the manifold don't flow fuel well exp to cyl no.6 and no.8. i have done all this and come to problems before. 8psi was the reliable (not detonation) limit! proper ecu control is essential, get it on a dyno and tune asap.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
SIDEWAY said:
The kit includes suitable injectors. It also comes with a fuel pump, all brackets, clamps and hoses. All I will need to do is bolt it on and tune it.
Good that its a kit but the injectors and maf have to be calibtrated to work, what type maf and inj? Trouble is over say 6 to 8 Lp the spark curve is all wrong as in n/a it likes heaps of advance but on f/i or s/charged its best to retard as boost come on, 1* per Lp for example..

·
OFR #7
322 Posts
I guess I should post, as I think it's my kit SIDEWAY is thinking of buying.

By changing pulley(s) you can decrease (or increase) the maximum boost.

Injectors are Ford 30lb items, MAF is a C&L product with a 30lb sample tube.

Kit comes with a chip that plugs into the ECU to modify both fuel and timing. This obviously will need to be programmed in conjunction with the appropriate dyno work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that ****, it is your kit I am refering to. I hope you dont mind me posting about it. I just want to make sure if I get it I will not regret it. Cheers for the help guys.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You wont regret supercharging your car mate. At the end of the day it's the best way to go for a daily driven car...It would drive like a stock car...and when you need the power it's there...The only thing is don't cut corners and don't be too greedy with the boost without upgrading the necessary engine components otherwise you will run into serious trouble

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
The kit sounds o/k,complete package...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts